Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm a fellow Honda owner. I've got an '03 Accord DX which is awesome. There is only a small little detail which is missing, and that's PDL. Which si why I'm here.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good (great) shop which can install PDLs for me. I went to a place that did my tint, which was via a recommendation, and they did a great job, but they couldn't do the PDL (although they tried). They said my car has a cable lock and they only work with non-cable locks. I then went to my "home board" (driveaccord.net) and asked around (see thread here) and the conclusion was that while these guys may know their tint, a "tint shop" isn't the most skilled place to do PDL. It was mentioned that a good stereo shop could probably do it right. It is important to have it done right.

So I bought one OEM actuator for the front driver's door, but the harness is _very_ expensive and doesn't connect to anything on my car -- I'd be paying ~$100 for something that we only need a few wires from. So a place the can fabricate a connection would be best. Either that, or do a masterful job with aftermarket actuators. The concern there is that since they're one size fits all, unlike the OEM ones which were designed to mount on the specific door of my car, can work themselves loose over time.

Anyway, the tint shop did install an alarm, a Viper 350, and that's what I'd want to have it hooked up to.

So can anyone from South FLA (I'm in Boynton Beach, between West Palm Beach and Boca Raton, but I'll travel all the way to Miami if needed) recommend a shop that would have no problem with this kind of project?

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
damn, it took me forever to figure out what the hell a PDL was. haha

a good stereo shop should be able to do it easily.. i've never worked with a cable lock, but already have a kit to do my wrangler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts