Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, for as while I have been contemplating doing a headlight conversion cause I am not to keen on pop up headlights! Some guy on this site looks like he did sumthin but I am not sure. Anyhow, what options are available and how many arms do I have to give up?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ludering said:
Ok guys, for as while I have been contemplating doing a headlight conversion cause I am not to keen on pop up headlights! Some guy on this site looks like he did sumthin but I am not sure. Anyhow, what options are available and how many arms do I have to give up?? Thanks!!
Check this out > http://www.prelude3.com/Exterior/custom%20flush%20lights/non%20pop-up.htm

and check this one out ( you will have to scroll down to see them) >

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236475&page=7

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
there are kits for flushmounts. go to your local body shop and ask for some fiberglass and resin and some bondo and primer and paint, go to a parts store and buy projector lights, go to a hardware store and get some plexiglass and a propane torch, some studs, and some wingnuts, go to the package store and get a LOT of beer, go to the gas station and get a few cartons of ciggarettes. go home, and assemble it all

:-D:-D:-D

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
88_2.0L said:
ughhhh this is the third one like this week
I think this is the fifth.....

Anyway there are lots of mods for the "poppers" on the board....hit the search button on the 3rd Gen forum and you'll see....

·
www.Zohf.com
3,612 Posts
Just get an h4 conversion and be done with it, the flip up lights are what give the 3rd gen its style, its like taking the turbo off an srt-4 or converting a WRX to front wheel drive, maybe not so extreme, but you get the point ;)

·
I RULE YOU!!
1,750 Posts
Do not get me wrong, I love what honda had in mind when they designed my lude... but this lude is MY car and it is no longer honda's car. If you were a car designer, say you made mazda's or something, would you drive a nissan? Probably not. Which is exactly why people want to do this conversion including myself. I have nothing against the pop-ups. I'd just rather have my own unique look. Make it MY car, and not some other guy's idea of a car on blueprints. It may not be 100% prelude, but it's still a honda so I can still hang with the crowd :-D

·
Registered
330 Posts
fcukwithmeprelude said:
Do not get me wrong, I love what honda had in mind when they designed my lude... but this lude is MY car and it is no longer honda's car. If you were a car designer, say you made mazda's or something, would you drive a nissan? Probably not. Which is exactly why people want to do this conversion including myself. I have nothing against the pop-ups. I'd just rather have my own unique look. Make it MY car, and not some other guy's idea of a car on blueprints. It may not be 100% prelude, but it's still a honda so I can still hang with the crowd :-D
And you have every right to put whatever you want on your car (if it fits), regardless of what others say, think, or even how they react. Good on you man.

·
JDM fo lyf y0
1,224 Posts
RED89si said:
Just get an h4 conversion and be done with it, the flip up lights are what give the 3rd gen its style, its like taking the turbo off an srt-4 or converting a WRX to front wheel drive, maybe not so extreme, but you get the point ;)
Agreed completley!!! someone should sticky this bit lol

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
dano said:
^^^ My sentiments exactly. If you don't like flip-ups why did you get a 3rd gen Prelude ?

Was it a gift ??

Exactly what I was thinking!:roll:

·
::Decepticon make-over::
661 Posts
Man, just leave it alone. You want a nice mod? Get some piaa LED foglights and wire them to your turn signal so that you dont have to flip up your lights to see at night. I wanted to mod my lights but saw how much work go into it... don't do it!(i've also seen that kit stolen because the guy went to the movies in his 240sx, parked it for two hours came back to no lights and a summons for having no lights...

·
Registered
53 Posts
No one is really saying you cant do it. By all means, blow $600 on your foglights. I just think people on here would rather put that money elsewhere. I am all for customizing your ride, its just that I would put that $600 somewhere else at the time...

RED89si said:
Just get an h4 conversion and be done with it
I just did a search and I typed in H4 conversion and nothing came up...:oops:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.