Honda Prelude Forum banner

headlight motor

612 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Shag7154 
#1 ·
i have a 88 SI, i have been trying to figure out why my headlights dont go up or down, and toady i found out that my driver side motor is getting power from somewhere. i discovered this because it was hot, too hot to touch. and also you can hear a faint clicking coming from the headlight motor. i am not great with electrial, so anyu help would be much appreciated.

#4 ·
i was in the process of getting the lights figured out, and then as soon as i leave work the other day, my timing belt broke! i thought i got off lucky, everything seemed ok, but that wawsnt the case. bent both exhaust valves in cyl #4.in the process of rebuilding the head now. i ordered some cheaap valves, which i didnt want to do but seeing that i already spent a bunch of money on parts, and also my accord started acting up newyears eve,(immobilizer problem) and i have no car, im just trying to get it running asap! i ordered a full set of valves and seals. i hope they fit and work! i am also trying to figure out what all i can take off the motor and engine bay, dont need half of it anyway, and trying to figure out the dimentions of the valves so i can do a valve job before the valves get here, and all i will have to do is lap them in and hopefully be goodthanks you for the replies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.