Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been a while since i last visited PP. Been busy getting my new project lude going. Anyways I have a strange problem with the headlights. I have not been able to figure it out for a while now and hoping some one else has come across this one. The first dozen headlight posts I searched didn't really fit my problem.

Headlights are stuck in the open position and its not a motor issue. If I kill the battery totally and plug in the charger the flights pop down and then back up again. If I manually turn the motor I hit risistance when the battery is plugged in and cant manually lower them. So they have power, the motors work. I am thinking its the switch but I don't have a spare to test it. Is there any other possible areas I can check that can be causing this issue?

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
1,697 Posts
Hey guys, been a while since i last visited PP. Been busy getting my new project lude going. Anyways I have a strange problem with the headlights. I have not been able to figure it out for a while now and hoping some one else has come across this one. The first dozen headlight posts I searched didn't really fit my problem.

Headlights are stuck in the open position and its not a motor issue. If I kill the battery totally and plug in the charger the flights pop down and then back up again. If I manually turn the motor I hit risistance when the battery is plugged in and cant manually lower them. So they have power, the motors work. I am thinking its the switch but I don't have a spare to test it. Is there any other possible areas I can check that can be causing this issue?
Not 100% sure but one thing I do know is that when you try to manually turn them make sure you pull the fuses int eh engine bay (inside the black fuse box first). If you pull the fuses you shouldn't get any resistance.

Also, have a look throught he workshop manual... Grab a multimeter and try to figure out the wiring!

Here's the link to the manuals. Good luck!
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205499

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not 100% sure but one thing I do know is that when you try to manually turn them make sure you pull the fuses int eh engine bay (inside the black fuse box first). If you pull the fuses you shouldn't get any resistance.

Also, have a look throught he workshop manual... Grab a multimeter and try to figure out the wiring!

Here's the link to the manuals. Good luck!
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205499
I'll check the manual, thanx.

If I pull the fuses I dont get resistance, and can lower them. If I put the fuse back in they pop right buck up. So something is telling them to stay open.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Is your flip switch on the dash (right above the moonroof buttons) stuck by chance? It's possible that the switch is stuck in and causing the headlights to stay popped....

·
Registered
242 Posts
yeh press the open and close bottom or crank the lights manually then try it again. it should work. one of my light one open and close therefore i have to crank it. this is a real pain in the ass. i dont know how to fix my problem.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
yeh press the open and close bottom or crank the lights manually then try it again. it should work. one of my light one open and close therefore i have to crank it. this is a real pain in the ass. i dont know how to fix my problem.
Yours might be the relay for that particular headlight. Not sure tho....

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
its defantly ur regulators

1 - 7 of 7 Posts