Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 Si 2.1. the engine blew so i bought a 89 si 2.0 freshly built overhaulled and what not I recently purchased a pace setter header for the 89 si 2.0

The 02 sensor on my 91 was way back on the downpipe. On the 89 Header there are two 02 sensors on the manifold. what do i do?

i am using my b21 intake manifold and TB. and i want to use this b20 header. Is this possible with a b21 ECU?

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
gotta use a b21 header
otherwise you'll need to weld the 2 o2 sensor holes shut, and have a new o2 bung installed in the downpipe where it is stock on b21 downpipes and the b21 pacesetter header.

you'll also need a b20 egr tube to use a b20 header

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im putting in the b20a5.
Can I use my b21 intake manifold?
with the 2.0 pacesetter headers
and the b20 double 02 sensor
and the b20 egr
with a b21 ECU

·
Registered
287 Posts
well seeing you already have the header, I was in the same situation .

I had a pacesetter from my 89, bought a 91

I lengthend the harness for the o2.Put one o2 in and plugged the other bung. Works fine except for etest.

Also i suppose you wont actually have an acurate reading because its only reading half the cylinders,

But whatever, mines just temporary until i get my turbo build going

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
well seeing you already have the header, I was in the same situation .

I had a pacesetter from my 89, bought a 91

I lengthend the harness for the o2.Put one o2 in and plugged the other bung. Works fine except for etest.

Also i suppose you wont actually have an acurate reading because its only reading half the cylinders,

But whatever, mines just temporary until i get my turbo build going
that'll work as a temporary use, but not longterm.
single 4-wire sensors are ecu controlled for heat. putting them that close to the head will overheat them, giving them a very short life. aka you'll be frying o2 sensors prob around once or twice a year, or more

1 - 6 of 6 Posts