Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so as you guys know i've been wanting to get rid of the crappy dual carbs since i got this car..

And i've been looking in to the the b20a swap.

UNTIL.. i found out that i can with minor modifications and some rewiring put the FI head on my block.

Now, i did some research on it so i know its possible, but for some reason i couldnt find a list of things needed.

and i wanted to ask, do i really need the SI alternator? The S one doesnt fit?

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Sorry to disappoint, but the swap you are talking about is the same as doing the b20a5 swap, except you wouldn't be swapping the block. You will still need to replace the entire wire harness and run return fuel line, as well as replace the manifolds and fuel tank.

You can physically fit the DOHC head onto the a3 block with zero modification. But you still need all the electrical for the fuel injection system to function.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i am aware of the wiring, it needs to be set up for injection, ecu, dash wiring, etc.. i just didnt know if the alternator and header were different so i could buy them already im trying to hurry up and get something out of my unreliable carbs lol. =]

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Alternator, I don't know if it's the same. But I know that the exhaust manifold and downpipe are different between the SOHC head and the DOHC head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts