Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
boosting in progress
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took of the head to get some work done on it. it never happend though decided to put that money towrds the turbo built instead.

so i put it all back together again. it turned on fine. i let it running for a while and i noticed the smell of coolant. i checked the oil fill and noticed thick sludge. at first i didn't know what it was, so i removed the valve cover and found out it was antifreeze.

so my question is, does the gasket have a up and down side?

·
Registered
734 Posts
yes. it does. and its labeled on the HG itself. It is possible to put it on upside down. Its also not a good idea to reuse your HG if you did. Just a FYI.

·
boosting in progress
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes. it does. and its labeled on the HG itself. It is possible to put it on upside down. Its also not a good idea to reuse your HG if you did. Just a FYI.
why is it not a good idea? even if i didn't crimpl it/bend it?:|

·
boosting in progress
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
come on!

so nobody knows? cus' i've heard that to, but don't relly understand why.

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
yes its labeled like jtc said and no your not supposed to reuse it. ive never heard of anyone re using it. once you crush those gaskets thats it man. no re using it. wouldnt you rather spend $50 for a new one rather than having to take the head right back off?

·
boosting in progress
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol. yeah i guess so

where did you see one for 50 bucks? thats about half the price i've seen them for.

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
lol. yeah i guess so

where did you see one for 50 bucks? thats about half the price i've seen them for.
ebay for a full gasket kit. its off brand but it does the job.

·
boosting in progress
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i wont use any head gasket but a OEM, i payed the whole 84.55 for mine. And it sucks because i might have to get another one.
what brand gasket did you use?

·
boosting in progress
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
boosting in progress
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OEM original equipment manufacturer so in other words he got one from the dealer.
lol. no i know what oem means but he said he used another gasket and it was no good. i'm wondering what gsk that was.

·
boosting in progress
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
off topic.

bryan,
what size rims are thous on the red lude that comes up every time you post?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts