Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i drove my car today, first time in about a week, and its like 87 or so. I started driving and within about a mile my temp gauge was normal(a little less han half). I test drove my car for about 3 miles total, got home, turned it off like normal, went back stuck the key in about 30-45 min later, turned it, but did not start it(just to see where the temp gauge was), and it was still on about a quarter. now to the question.... is this normal?, should my car heat up, and stay warm for this long? just wonderin THANKS

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
You car will stay warm in upwards of 3-5 hours.

I have gone out and started my car and it was 1/4 the way after 4 hours...it happens pretty regularly...especially in the summer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea you should give it more time and try it again. If it just turns over than it might be clogged fuel filters or fuel line. Maybe bad pump, just a thought on the matter it happen to me before, mines happen it the middle of the rain i was a sitting duck

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Prelude_king said:
Yea you should give it more time and try it again. If it just turns over than it might be clogged fuel filters or fuel line. Maybe bad pump, just a thought on the matter it happen to me before, mines happen it the middle of the rain i was a sitting duck
because a clogged fuel filter makes your car overheat? I dont understand...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
motoxxxman said:
dont worry about what prelude king said. he didnt read the thread correctly, and deffinitely didnt respond correctly at all.
We did the math.... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.