Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok if anyone can help me out please do................
the problem im having is with the lude 92 si and like once the car got warm the speedo and rpm gauges started bouncing and then like while i was driving i would hit the brakes everything would go dim and if i cut on my lights windshield wipers everything would go dim so i got the battery checked and then it was replaced and i checked the alt its fine too

if anyone knows of any thing that would help let me know

thanks BMFH

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Maybe ignition switch? Im not sure if the 4th gen had thsoe probs. When i had to replace it on my accord my speedo and tach would bounce and just quit working. Also check wiring.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground.

·
Registered
37 Posts
IF the alt has a bad core it may still test ok. But its not. Try running the car and then taking the pos batter terminal off. If the motor stops, it's the alt. From what you're saying it acts up when it's under a load. so that would explne it. I also agree with the ignition or a bad ground.

ok if anyone can help me out please do................
the problem im having is with the lude 92 si and like once the car got warm the speedo and rpm gauges started bouncing and then like while i was driving i would hit the brakes everything would go dim and if i cut on my lights windshield wipers everything would go dim so i got the battery checked and then it was replaced and i checked the alt its fine too

if anyone knows of any thing that would help let me know

thanks BMFH

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea thanks yall i checked the alt without the battery and went to turn on my something to give it a load and it started dying so i got a extra alt sittin around so im put it on today or tomorrow but thanks everyone

peace BMFH

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
sounds like a bad alternator to me too.
but check all your grounds anyway. they should all be quite clean, and have a solid connection.
bad grounds can also cause your alt and batt to die a slow death or a fast death.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts