Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup fellas, i posted this in fif gen a while ago and got shit on. maybe some of yall have ideas?
this goes out to anyone with the jackson kit and an AEM v2

does yours make ghost noises?

it seems to only be between 21 and 25 pounds of vaccum and only when the car is under extra load suchas when im going down a hill with my foot off the throttle

at 25 pounds its like "dweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"

at 21 its like " BooooooooOOOOOOO0000000"

everwhere in between makes an appropriate combination of the two

i can almost play it like an intrument

Now this didnt start until i had her retuned by moto with e-manage and 440s (best mod i ever did)

at first all the extra power made me not care, but now that the shock is wearing off its really startin to get me pretty cheesed off

my guess is that its a resonating effect with the 2 tubes inside the v2, this would explain the 2 separate noises

could it be anything else?

i dont wanna get a new intake :sad:

help. ~Ivars

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
yeah i remember that sound haha! i actually couldnt tell if it was the intake doing it, or the bypass valve, or the iacv.
i think the iacv is actually whats making the noise, and the resonance of the intake is just amplifying the sound.

hows the car treating ya other than that noise? atts light still coming on under hard accel?

oh, and just so people dont tear on you for it or misunderstand what you're saying lol, its 21-25 inches of vacuum, not pounds lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea the atts light basically stays on permanently

but it drives nice.

its been sitting in its garage for few months now, snow makes it very sad.

pounds of boost, inches of vaccum? i never knew that.

the bypass valve makes sense because its dirrectly related to the throttle but it still doesnt explain why it just started recently

is there anthing i can do?

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
well it did it to me when i was street tuning it. and i thought about it for a good long while to see if i could come up with a cure to make the noise go away but i never could think of anything.
what i did when it made that noise, cuz it irritated me too lol, was just blip the throttle a tiny bit quickly, and it'd stop

couldnt really tell ya much more than that, sorry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts