Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has ever shaved the trunk keyhole and the license plate thing? i know 5th genners do it but what about 4th genners?

like the stuff in blue

·
Registered
175 Posts
not a good idea. it doesn't look that great and if not done right, it'll just crack. where are you planning to mount the rear plate?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt mean fill the whole license plate with bondo, just over the blue line

·
Dented
724 Posts

Enjoy.

You would have gotten a better photoshop without the blue lines. I knew exactly what you wanted shaved.. I've always thought that would look good too, but didn't ever care enough about how the car looked to actually do it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
the license plate is mounted to a plastic bracket which is bolted to the trunk lid. plastic expands and contracts with heat/cold. it will just crack.

unless you took the plate bracket off and welded a piece of metal over the entire area and made a custom mount for the plate. id just leave it alone.

but, i prolly wouldnt mess with it at all.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i've seen it done around here in the bay area it actually looks really nice

·
Registered
41 Posts
you can use corvette panel adhesive southern auto color in gainesville Ga sells it. it will bond the plastic to the metal and still allow the expansion with out any major issues.

Devin

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
damn that does look good. another idea for my lude.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i might do that this week, but have to finish my lip first

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ thanks

·
3,589 Posts
im prob gunna use the stuff that i used to fill in the oil hole on my frank build. here is what i used:

gotta have ProChem hook ups though ;)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
unless you can do it yourself... id put my money into better things then molding stuff... unless your tryin to show your car also... but thats just me

·
3,589 Posts
unless you can do it yourself... id put my money into better things then molding stuff... unless your tryin to show your car also... but thats just me
same thing i was thinking but if your car needs a paintjob then why now lol might as well go ahead and mold a few things. i know i am.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Here's mine with just the keyhole. It's been 3-4 months and hasn't cracked. For the keyhole, I JB welded a nickel in there as a backing and used bondo until it was smooth.

My old trunk was completely shaved with no license plate holder and that never cracked either.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yea it does look good. How long would something like that take?
Posted via Mobile

1 - 20 of 41 Posts