Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys and girls i need help u know are cars are old so i want to get new weather strippings or i think thats what its called. But i can't find them and yes i've searched can someone give me a link or something? cuz i dont want to go to the dealer to much money. And u guys now what im talking about hu all does plastics going around the windows even the moonroof ones ans doors to.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
there called door moldings and yeah i don't think anybody makes aftermarket ones.. the only place would be used or the dealer. go to hondaautomotiveparts.com i think that would be the cheapest.

·
Donate you cheap bastages
842 Posts
Even online they're expensive.

http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=PRELUDE&Year=1991&TrimLevel=2DR+2%2E0SI&TransLevel=5MTKA&Section=H&Category=B++52++%7CDOOR+WINDOW&Doors=2&Emissions=KA&PartCatalogId=13SF10&ViewParts=true

I need a new window trim for my passenger door. $65.xx for some rubber to secure my window to get rid of annoying whistle :eek:

As for the sunroof:

http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=PRELUDE&Year=1991&TrimLevel=2DR+2%2E0SI&TransLevel=5MTKA&Section=G&Category=B++38++%7CSLIDE+ROOF+FRAME%2DGLASS&PartCatalogId=13SF10&ViewParts=true

Maybe someone here can shed some light. I'm not sure which part there is the actual seal that get's cut up by the opening / closing but I was told from an autobody shop that they believe it comes with the sunroof glass. In which case it's $263.xx to fix it? Once again. No thanks, given my glass is fine and it's a minor tear that's not effecting anything aside from a close visual inspection show's it's not pristine.

If no one here knows I'd be curious as well so I may ask Honda one of these days when I'm in there...

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
my moonroof seal only tore cuz a pebble got lodged in the track and made it close crooked crimping the corner of the seal. and it wont cause any leaks as long as you keep the drain tubes clean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts