Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car recently ran into a major oil leak leaving it stranded in my parent's garage. The motor has MANY oil leaks making it very hard to pinpoint where the "major" oil leak is coming from. This has lead me to aggressively collect parts to perform my build after I graduate. I am going to hopefully graduate this summer so the true build will began then and hopefully finish before the big SCPM meet! So, I am mostly collecting parts and performing small stuff until then.

The following are my goals for this build:

1. Covert from auto-->manual
  2. Run high 12's on slicks
  3. Run mid-to-low 13's on street tires
  4. Do the above while running N/A stock bottom end
  5. Have great handling
  6. Perform well as a daily driver
  7. Get great gas mileage (25+ city/30+ hwy)
  8. Have plenty of "cargo space"
  9. Carry me (duh) and a single passenger
  10. Look aggressive and attractive
I will be achieving my goals with a EuroR swap with skunk2pro2 cams, good header, 3" exhaust, 4.64 FD, sub 2500 lb weight, and much more. I wish that I had done some of the things right the first time instead of spending more time and money to "correct" my mistakes.

The following is a list of items that I have already acquired:

1. 4.64 Mfactory FD
  2. Fifth gear ratios from an accord f22 (.685 ratio should help with hwy mpg :) )
  3. Skunk2Pro2 cams
  4. Omni Power 70MM TB
  5. ESP traction bar with front mount
  6. Invoative motor mounts
  7. CF Spark Plug Cover
  8. Depo Headlights
  9. FX Projectors/Ballasts with Clear Lens
  10. JDM fog lights (INSTALLED)
  11. Type-S lip
  12. JDM Visors (INSTALLED)
  13. CF hood (INSTALLED)
  14. CF trunk (INSTALLED)
  15. Progressive rear sway bar (INSTALLED)
  16. Yellow Konis
  17. 16x7 Rota Slips with 225/45/16 BF KDW (INSTALLED)
  18. Navigation System (INSTALLED)
  19. Momo Monte Carlo Steering Wheel+Hub (INSTALLED)
  20. Manual cluster+Type-S CF bezel (INSTALLED)
  21. Two F1 CF fixed bucket seats
  22. CF trim kit
I still need to get/do the following:

1. EuroR Engine (so expensive!!! :( )
  2. Install FD and fifth gear into the transmission
  3. Prep the EuroR intake manifold
  4. Custom 4" intake pipe
  5. Auto-to-manual tensioner
  6. Cam gears (BOUGHT)
  7. Valvetrain
  8. Custom 3" exhaust
  9. Programmable ECU
  10. Tuning
  11. OBD2-->OBD1 harness
  12. JDM bumper supports
  13. Light weight battery
  14. Take out sunroof and weld the hole shut
  15. Remove front sway bar
  16. Remove sound deadening material
  17. Remove power steering
  18. Remove passenger air bag and SRS unit
  19. Pedals (clutch/brake)
  20. Short shifter
  21. Clutch lines
  22. ~12 lb flywheel (BOUGHT)
  23. New clutch
  24. Ground Control coilovers (F:450lb/R:500lb)
  25. Install TSX/Accord front brake calipers/rotors (11.8"!!) (BOUGHT)
  26. Get harnesses and harness bar
  27. JDM cup holder
  28. Wire-tuck
  29. Paint job (blue with gold pearl?)
  30. Much much more...all depending on $ I have left :(
As you can see, I have a lot of work cut out for me. I am still not sure about what color exactly to paint my car. Does anyone know a OEM car that comes with a nice blue color with goldish pearls? Also, whats the best programmable ECU that you guys recommend besides S300 (so expensive :( ) ??

I will post some random pics tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think!!

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
good luck on the 12's. I personally believe you are going to need more than a stock displacement short block and slightly higher compression to reach 12's but it will be interested to see it pan out.

buy the blue top H23vtec instead of the EuroR. You need torque to get our cars moving.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Sounds like a neat build. I just picked up some BFGoodrich G-force Sport (similar to yours) and they HOLD like crazy!
One question, why are you removing the front swaybar?

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
I dunno if I'd remove the front sway bar AND add the progress rear bar, you're going to oversteer like a mofo lol. A friend of mine just did a full EuroR swap in his 4th gen, it's pretty quick. H23A blue top sounds like a good idea, cheaper too. You wont get the super nice short geared LSD tranny though :/

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
im excited to see what you do with the car. i followed your write up on installing the gc's/kyb agx's when i did mine. good stuff. i've got an obd2 to obd1 boomslang if your interested. just pm me. good luck with it man!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good luck on the 12's. I personally believe you are going to need more than a stock displacement short block and slightly higher compression to reach 12's but it will be interested to see it pan out.

buy the blue top H23vtec instead of the EuroR. You need torque to get our cars moving.
The only reason I think that I can reach 12s is because I have seen a handful of k20 integras/em1s with bolt-ons and close to stock weight get into 12s. A k20 with bolt-ons put down about the same power as an h22 with cams and bolt-ons, which is the type of power I am looking for. Also the weight of stock integra/em1 are about 2600 to 2700lbs which is in range for my weight reduction goals.

Sounds like a neat build. I just picked up some BFGoodrich G-force Sport (similar to yours) and they HOLD like crazy!
One question, why are you removing the front swaybar?
Weight reduction and crazy jdm drifting :p.

I dunno if I'd remove the front sway bar AND add the progress rear bar, you're going to oversteer like a mofo lol. A friend of mine just did a full EuroR swap in his 4th gen, it's pretty quick. H23A blue top sounds like a good idea, cheaper too. You wont get the super nice short geared LSD tranny though :/
Ya, I think the price of the EuroR is worth it for the transmission.

im excited to see what you do with the car. i followed your write up on installing the gc's/kyb agx's when i did mine. good stuff. i've got an obd2 to obd1 boomslang if your interested. just pm me. good luck with it man!
Thanks!

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
this is a prelude, not an integra or civic lol. 12's is quite a feat for stock bore, stock stroke, stockish compression.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is a prelude, not an integra or civic lol. 12's is quite a feat for stock bore, stock stroke, stockish compression.
I know, I know. All I was doing is just comparing horsepower and weight (two of the greatest factors) to determine possible 1/4 mile goals. This should hold true, given transmission, drag coefficient, traction, body dimensions, and drivers are ignored...LOL!

Oh well, I will try my best!

There is guy on H-T named skunked5thgen who has a similar setup to what I want and ran a 13.44 @ 102mph. From what I know he still has a stock FD, he doesn't have slicks or a traction bar, and maybe I can get my weight lower than him. These things combined with some other things here and there, maybe I can go faster?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Nice build. Good luck with hitting 12's. Like stated before go with the H23 blue top, the dyno's I've seen are crazy for a stock internal H-series. Also you'll love the ESP traction bar, I love mine at least. I also have those BFG's and love them as well. What header you plan on running?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice build. Good luck with hitting 12's. Like stated before go with the H23 blue top, the dyno's I've seen are crazy for a stock internal H-series. Also you'll love the ESP traction bar, I love mine at least. I also have those BFG's and love them as well. What header you plan on running?
My car is an automatic so buying the whole EuroR swap is alot easier than buying the h23 engine then go buy the transmission and parts. Also, EuroR comes with the best h22 transmission :).

I am gonna be running the Hytech replica header. Hopefully it gives good results.

God Damn, your Prelude looks so good :)
Hehehe thanks, hopefully I will make it look better in the future ;).

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
sounds like you have a great project ahead of you. Good luck to you on your goals. And wish u the best. Just don't give up on it, we all know times get a little tough every once in a while..

...subscribed!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I recently got a chance to install the manual cluster and the type-s bezel (I love the way it looks over the auto cluster!!):

Anyone want to buy these leather seats from me? I got these as a trade (plus cash) for my RSX seats.

I thought I would share a picture of what I have been using as my daily driver. It is my dad's car that I am borrowing. Bone stock 1997 Acura Integra LS auto.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts