Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally grew some balls and ripped my old ass intake out to put in the new 94 integra intake. I tell you guys, if I could do it, anyone can. I've had it sitting in my room for some time, but between tax season killing me and being afraid of doing something to my car (it was kinda in and out of the shop for a while) I didn't perform the operation until yesterday. Took me about 1-2 hours because I encountered a stripped bolt and had to go buy the bit to get it out. Here are some pics and a question! Thanks guys!

old nasty ass filter - yuck!

short shifter = fun times!

Nasty engine bay with nice intake!

Another shot!

Now to my question - at the back of the filter resonater there was another pipe pictured below. Do I need to block this off, put a filter on it, or not care about it? Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
It's just another resonator. Not to worry about.

It's a pain in the ass to get out. As I recall, I did it when I had the head off my car.

·
Registered
326 Posts
u need soem degreaser, a REALLLY high power pressure washer, and some paint for yoru cover or u can polish it to mathc the intake. and make your dang bay look nice!

some mothers polish would help too.

·
I RULE YOU!!
1,750 Posts
Ahh man that's just a couple of bolts and it's out. And it's not that much more awkward than changing out your oil filter.

What is it with honda and their massive stock intake systems??? Geez.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts