Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so FUINALLY GOT MY h23 vtec lol. gettin ready to swap it into my 92.. the only think ive ben able to do is take the engine harness off lol. and take the injectors and fuel rail off. here are a few vids and piks :] shiit firday its on!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyk-VqX3lIM

and part 2

http://youtu.be/pqCE8bQ4HmI

sorry i couldnt figure out how to get the videos on here so i just posted the link

some piks

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
how much was the final price? hella clean engine.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am currently buggin breakingpoint lol. i want everything to b perfect.. how long did it take u to put it in? lol no homo and breaking point. should i use my old intake manifold setup? like everything?? the top part and botto?? or just the top??

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
i told u that one before get an h22 intake mani,im fairly sure you cant use your h23 non vtec intake mani i thaught they was diff but the h23vtec intake mani wont work at least not the lower runners

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
you have the 99 motor..so the intake manifold is very similar to the u.s manifold..it doesnt have the air injection for the fuel injectors like the 2000-2001 motors do.. so you can use the lower part of the manifold and the injectors and fuel rail off the h23a (99)..and obviously you want to keep the tb..65.5 tappering to 62.5..what you do have to find is the top part of the manifold due to the 3 wire iacv.. and also the header for the h23a will not work on your chasis..you will need an h22 header..i know this because i have this motor..its a beast...:):)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
yes, you can use the lower part of the mani..for the header, i have a fifth gen and the h23a header just doesnt fit the chasis and i believe wont fit the 4th gen either..its not a big issue beacause stock for stock their the same size, just the h23a header is longer due to it being in the (ch9) accord..btw i forgot this was in the 4th gen section..so you can not use the injectors due to them being saturated (obd2)..

·
Registered
693 Posts
you can use the top part of the exaust manifold since its basically the a h22 head
u need to look for 4th gen h22 dowpipe. learn this the hardway got a 5th gen which is shorter

u will loose a little bit of your torque if u delete the IAB
i know bc i tried it.lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts