Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to the fourth gen stuff I have an 86 lude I circle track race with that I love just need to move into something fuel injected and I came across a 92 prelude with the H23a1 in it and was curious if I could swap the head for an H22a1 vtec head and get better compression ratio and get my variable timing

I noticed that the H23 has a lower compression ratio is that due to the head? the pistons?

now besides shaving the H22 head I was curious what would be the best way to get the compression ratio back up with stock components on the H23 bottom end? could I use the H22 pistons with the H23 connecting rods and crank? I dont really want to spend a ton of money on a fancy set of pistons either

whats the most RPMS that the H23 bottom end stock can take? because I know the H22 can REV to 9000 all day long

now if I can swap heads what ecu would I have to run?

and how many different options for transmissions would I have if I ran the H23 bottom end? manual of course!!! does the H22 trans work? is it a different gear ratio?

and are any of the stock components forged? or all cast?

any and all help and advice is appreciated!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Tons of info out there on the H23 frankenstein builds, I would say start reading up on them and see what you want to do. Depends a ton on what you want as the end result.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
9000 rpm??? for how long?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the jdm H22 spins to 9000 religiously at leadt anyone of them that ive encountered on the circle track

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
ive got an h22 head if you need one.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
I don't know that I would hold a stock H22 to 9k for very long, unless you only plan on having it last a few dozen miles.

I guess for a circle track car longevity doesn't matter, but I'm confused on why you'd want to rev a motor that high when it starts losing power past 7,500RPM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts