Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
frankenlude

head, oil line directly to vtec, p13ecu, h22a timing belt, head gasket for h22a, waterpump(might as well) Its been 3 years since I did this job, so if I am missing anything add it in guys and help us out.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
with the p28 chip ecu you have to remove or make the butterflies in the take manifold stay open becuase the p28 cannot tune that. But other than that its fine. YOu should try to see if you can find a p72 ecu then that would be great but there harder to find and cost more.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
you will need to do the water pump because the thingy (cant think of the word) that the belt turns on its different between h22 and h23 motors.you will also need a h22 header and down pipe, the h23 one will not work i just did mine yesterday. I know the intake manifolds are different but the h23 one might work but i would get everything that your supposed to if you want it to last shortcuts is why the frankenstiens never last.

·
Registered
734 Posts
first off.. Get on Honda-tech.com and find the how to: h23vtec thread... It will tell you everything under the sun you need to know... Thats the easiest way to solve it....

as stated above, h22 water pump is a must...h22 headgasket a must.. h22 timing belt and GEAR off of the crankshaft(hardest one to get)... No need to run oil to the head...Thats silly, but it works...

Getting a p28 is very advisable... Chip it for uberdata, crome, or go with good old hondata... It will need to see a dyno though for tuning.....

·
Registered
734 Posts
TopEndLude said:
Tensioner?:jehon:

Heh... You will need the h22 water pump because of the ......:eek:mg:

Because the gear on the h22 water pump has different spacing in the teeth than that of an h23 and the teeth wont grip the timing belt correctly.... :evil smile:

You could also pull the gear off and put an h22 gear on, but that would be stupid... :jehon:

·
Registered
20 Posts
what do you have to modify on the oil squirters to get them to work

·
Registered
734 Posts
Oil squirters must be bent to get out of the way of the crank... It and the pistons will contact them as is and destroy stuff... Its not easy to bend them without damaging them either... So, you have to bend them all over the place, try to aim them right, and not kink the line at all... All at the same time...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.