Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ... so I just got this 95 H23 Prelude.. I been trying to get it to pass emission test but it's been bogging at like 1500 to 2700 rpm.. in any gear ...once it pass that 3k mark it's smooth... also if speed of the line it doesn't do it at all. Things I've changed are
Fuel filter
Spark plugs
Distributor cap and rotor
Fixed the vacuum leak
Fixed Fast idle valve
Fixed Idle air control valve
Any other things I should fixed or changed out

·
Registered
110 Posts
Make sure you've checked all the vacuum lines. Check intake manifold gasket for leaks. Make sure your valves are properly adjusted. Because they're not noisy does not mean
they are necessarily properly adjusted. They could be too tight. Try a good injector
cleaner like Lubro-Moly and the cleaner made by Chevron. I can't recall the brand name but BMW recommends it for use in their cars and has even given it a part number. Don't use cheap, crappy gas. The only "Top Tier" gas in this part of the country (New Jersey) is Shell. Their premium gas has the best detergent package available. It really does make a difference, especially over the long haul.

Wanted to also mention, when you go for emissions testing make sure the catalytic converter is good and hot. Go for a long drive before the testing. And put your foot in it.
Just using premium gas can make a difference. You do use premium, don't you?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea 91 is here from Mobile.. I fixed that stuttering had to change the distributor housing.. now after getting all the codes I had to changed that and only one code pops up code 12 that has to do with the EGR valve..I clean it and I'm still having that problem... that vacuum line to it has vacuum... the lifter sensor work is not sticking... that valve holds suction... how much suction so be goin to the EGR valve? ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts