Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Oi Oi Oi
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an h23 head from a guy on craigslist and it has all new seals, valves are good, etc. But when I picked it up he mentioend something about when he took it off, the rockers feel out of place so he said something about adjusting the valves. WTF is he talking about? What should I do before I put the cams in and bolt it on?
None of the valves are loose and everything looks fine, just making sure I'm not missing something.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
you have to have the head torqued down and cams installed to adjust the valves. On the h23 it uses the sloppy rockers. Just make sure they're sitting in place when you put the cams in. TRQ the cam bolts- TRQ head down- Timing belt etc- Adjust valves

·
Registered
64 Posts
just cause im a dick im gonna correct you guys, they are called Cam Followers.
on another note, they will feel slopy cause they are being held in by gravity until you bolt the cams in. you should be able to find a writeup on here on how to adjust the VALVE LASH when its together. ov course dont put the cams in until you have the head bolted on the motor cause the head bolts are directly under the camshafts :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts