Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to prelude power so i wanted to introduce myself and ask a question at the same time
this is my first prelude, its a 1994 prelude si
i bought a k&n intake for it and it works great but i wanted an exhaust system
i want to know what would give it the most power but still be somewhat quiet
thanks

here is my lude at a gas station: (sorry took it on a crappy cell phone)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Honestly i have found the cheapest cat back system is to do 2.5 from the cat back include a high flowresonator and an N1 or flownmaster muffler those are the two quietest i have heard on a lude...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
yeah any NAME brand exhaust will be expensive...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Greddy EVO2 makes a great low tone on my lude.
they only make them for the vtec ludes, therefore you have to make the holes a bit wider to make it fit onto the cat of an s, si
where is pickerington in OH? im from around marysville

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
WOW nice lude! i like it!

I'm in the same boat as the OP. What's the deepest but quietest? I want something with a quiet purr.. not a ricey fart..
yea same here. nice purr FTW ricey fart=fail

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
if you want quiet but some lil gains or whatever... go with a magnaflow, borla, n1 or something with a 2.5 custom made piping... thatll keep the cost in check... not great but itll be what you want and you wont be disappointed

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all of your help! i dont really want to send any more than $200 if i can help it. but i guess if i want good sound i have no choice
what do you think about just a cheap 2.5 stainless off ebay with decent header?

hector your not funny.
pickerington is close to reynoldsburg north of lancaster and about 1 and a half hours from marysville
whats your friends name?

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
oh and sorry i dont know how to quote people lol
im a total n00b
little reply button to the bottom right of a post and if you wanna multi quote then click the quote button on each person you wanna quote then hit reply on the last person you quoted.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I would go with a custom exhaust set up. 2.5 inch piping, hi flow cat, resonator, and a nice muffler like magnaflow or something along the lines of that.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
shop should have it and dont buy exhaust stuff from ebay unless your lookin for cheap loudness... actual power with good tone... nice muffler with shop piping around the 2.5 area ftw

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
get it off eBay... i mean HONESTLY its just some bent metal pipe. If i had a welder some bent piping i could make it too... yea you get what you pay for but when youre paying for a hunk of stainless steel, that extra $300 is coming from the brand name...

EBay or CUSTOM

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
not intierly true... there are a few types of bending the metal... mandrel bent being the best also quality of the steel itself... also ebay exhaust systems or any cheap pre made exhaust systems may have leaks annoying and you lose power... shop quality or internet chance for near the same price hmmmn sorry but this one is not a win for the ebay man himself like i said in other threads you are very very very lucky when it comes to ebay... although i would like to see the actual dyno gains from your ebay stuff that you buy and mention so often

1 - 20 of 21 Posts