Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering can u put a h23 crankshaft in an h22a. cuz i was going to swap my 190000 mile h23 for a jdm h22. and isnt the h23 crank have a longer stroke for more power. and r all the h23 crank shaft the same, i mean from the usdm to the jdm and the vtec one.

·
Registered
217 Posts
dont do it, h22 cranks are built for what they're for, an h23 crank does have more stroke but unless your TOP END is fully built and cut to where the pistons wont hit the valves. I PROMISE you that the h23 crank wont work, its been done but never really correctly. Hope this helps. Stick with the h22 crank, it is a great designed crank, the h23 one will not help the situation. good luck

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
the h22 and the h23 use the same exact block so you can do it but i dont know how reliable itll be to have a longer stroke with vtec which pushes the valves open farther.

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
sleepyH22 said:
dont do it, h22 cranks are built for what they're for, an h23 crank does have more stroke but unless your TOP END is fully built and cut to where the pistons wont hit the valves. I PROMISE you that the h23 crank wont work, its been done but never really correctly. Hope this helps. Stick with the h22 crank, it is a great designed crank, the h23 one will not help the situation. good luck
jesus :rocketwhore:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts