Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey can anyone here give me the specs on the H22b engine for a prelude or if anyone can fill me in on this engine ive heard some things about it and it intrested me soyea thanxs to anyone who can help me out on this one

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
i have no clue what the specs are for an h22b perhaps the search button can guide you.

i'd search prelude engines, or engine codes for the year you want, something like that.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i've seen one on ebay

there was a picture posted here I think, and a debate ensued on whether the "b" was carved or not, and then other pictures of other motors were posted to compare letters, it was interesting but I forget what the outcome was.

I'll find it

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Yea, there were some posts that were way out there, like it's an SiR motor, it was turbo, whatever whatever

I remember it being a regular 'ol H motor when I saw the eBay auction. I personally just think it's a factory replacement motor and nothing more.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I found some crazy infor about the H22b

"Just so y'all don't get duped, the H22A is the 195 horse(at the crank) DOHC VTEC engine. The H22 also came as an B and a C spec in those years and they can come as SOHC VTEC and DOHC non vtec(very rare). So if someone tells you they have an H22 make sure that it is the A. Don't forget about the 2.5 liter v-6 that they are considering from ford."

http://www.attackforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1225.html

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
i think you might not have read the whole thread, it seems like towards the end that theory is proved wrong.

in any case the thread starter most likely meant h22a anyway, just messed up. Since he hasnt said anything in a while, i'm going to assume i'm right about that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
na i meant the h22b no type theirs three kind of h22s out from what ive researched the b c and z i know the z is like a replacement for the h22a if something goes wrong but i dont know anything about the z and b bsides that the b is from the SiR prelude and may come with 220 hp stock thats pretty much all ive found out and tht it was out from 96-00

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
ok sorry, i didnt mean to imply that thread starter didnt know what he mean, but it was possible that you just mistyped. this is an interesting thread, I like learning stuff like this :)

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
^^^ hahaha, that would be so cool if he had that kind of control, i want an h22zack, PIMP!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts