Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my h22a4 from my 99 Base Prelude.

Reason for selling: My timing belt snapped at around 35 MPH in 4th or 5th gear a few months ago. I immediately shut off the car. I did not run a compression test on the motor in the car, which I should have.I replace the engine with an h23aVTEC and now I have an engine that could still be in perfect running order. The engine had 160,000 miles on it and the head only had 60,000 since the last rebuild which included:

-Crower dual valve springs
-Crower stainless steel 1mm over-sized valves
-Crower titanium retainers
-5 angle valve job

The engine ran strong when I had it and it was always babied. I did an oil change every 3500-4000 miles with mobil1 synthetic 5w-30. I have used most of the pulleys and accessories from the h22a4 in my swap, so what you get is a pretty bare block. This motor is also missing a valve cover. My h23a valve cover was damaged in shipping, but I will include it with the motor for some top end protection. I will include a few left over seals and what not that I can find laying around. The motor has been stored on a pallet while it was not being worked on.

I also have these parts from an h23aVTEC:
-Intake Manifold
-Timing Belt
-Distributor
-Cam gears
-Exhaust Manifold
-Auto tensioner

Here are some pics:

Will come with stock h23a cam gears.

And in the car

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3236587/1999-honda-prelude#32365870005

Price for the block and head is $325 obo +shipping/paypal/pickup
If you are close to the N.E. Oklahoma area, I will meet you within reasonable distance. I have pretty solid iTrader ratings on this site and positive feedback on eBay as Fildo33.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am selling my h22a4 from my 99 Base Prelude.

Reason for selling: My timing belt snapped at around 35 MPH in 4th or 5th gear a few months ago. I immediately shut off the car. I did not run a compression test on the motor in the car, which I should have.I replace the engine with an h23aVTEC and now I have an engine that could still be in perfect running order. The engine had 160,000 miles on it and the head only had 60,000 since the last rebuild which included:

-Crower dual valve springs
-Crower stainless steel 1mm over-sized valves
-Crower titanium retainers
-5 angle valve job

The engine ran strong when I had it and it was always babied. I did an oil change every 3500-4000 miles with mobil1 synthetic 5w-30. I have used most of the pulleys and accessories from the h22a4 in my swap, so what you get is a pretty bare block. This motor is also missing a valve cover. My h23a valve cover was damaged in shipping, but I will include it with the motor for some top end protection. I will include a few left over seals and what not that I can find laying around. The motor has been stored on a pallet while it was not being worked on.

I also have these parts from an h23aVTEC:
-Intake Manifold
-Timing Belt
-Distributor
-Cam gears
-Exhaust Manifold
-Auto tensioner

Here are some pics:

Will come with stock h23a cam gears.

And in the car

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3236587/1999-honda-prelude#32365870005

Price for the block and head is $325 obo +shipping/paypal/pickup
If you are close to the N.E. Oklahoma area, I will meet you within reasonable distance. I have pretty solid iTrader ratings on this site and positive feedback on eBay as Fildo33.

Thanks for looking.

good price.. shipping quote to 37167?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much just for head
Id like to keep it together as of right now. I have a little interest from a few places. If you can find someone that wants the block or if I get some interest from someone for just the block, we can make a deal.

·
Registered
219 Posts
how much shipped to 27401 and i have a skunk2 head if you would like to take a trade?

·
Registered
137 Posts
How much is it shipped to 46808?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much is it shipped to 46808?
$585
I want to get this from you really bad. Lol I'm gonna see what I can do. No leakdown ever done on it right?
No leakdown or compression test has been done. AS IS. Let me know, I am trying to get rid of this to get my car running again. My loss is your gain.

·
Registered
97 Posts
how much shipped to 83651 in idaho

im really interested ive been looking for a block for a while!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very interested. Please PM for my number so we can set this up. If you still have it that is.
Dude, you have 1 post. You would have to show verifiable feedback from at least one other source for me to even consider doing business with you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts