Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

The wife has wanted a prelude forever and travels less then a mile to work everyday. We found a 99 in good condition for pretty cheap and transmissions has actually been doing decent for us so far. The shift solonoid has gone bad on us and i plan on replacing soon (yes i tried cleaning the filter for it and seeing if it would go away). She really would like to keep this car auto and i understand they have issues so i had some questions.

1: Will getting a new torque converter solve the issues with the transmissions failing alot? We replace fluid often and has worked well so far but would like to start taking more action if possible
2: Are there other automatic transmissions from other cars that would fit and are more reliable? I known hondas are pretty good with inner compatibility

Thanks all

·
Super Moderator
6,404 Posts
Honda automatics are just known for failure over time, just so happens the Prelude transmission is one of the worst out there. You could replace the torque converter but no saying if it will guarantee a long life.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts