Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my speedometer stopped reading a few days ago and stuck at 0, so I took out the speedometer sensor and found the lower housing arounnd the shaft and gear cracked as well as the single mount that holds it to the transmission, I have been looking on ebay for a sensor but can only find automatic sensors. So my question is what is the difference between the auto and manual sensors? would it just be the electronic module box? also doesnt the speed sensors from the 90-93 accords fit my transmission as well? please correct me if im wrong. I also swapped a jdm h22a1 into my usdm h22a1 prelude but never changed the ecu, am I losing power because of this? I figured the air/fuel mixes were probably different between the usdm jdm engine resulting in power loss? any help is appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
786 Posts
check your local junkyards. ebay answers most problems but doesnt have everything.

dont know about the ECU though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know the difference between the auto and manual speed sensor? is it just the electric chip? could I change the module box on the auto to the manual one I have?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Does anyone know the difference between the auto and manual speed sensor? is it just the electric chip? could I change the module box on the auto to the manual one I have?
The actual electrical part of the VSS works for either auto or manual. I have used the sensor off of an accord's manual tranny on a prelude's auto tranny, only thing I had to do was take off the plastic insert inside of the sensor's plug and then it plugged right in.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
are you using usdm or jdm manifolds on that motor?
using the usdm ecu is fine, the engines are similar enough that it wont cause any problems.
if you're using the jdm manifolds though, you probably have a trouble code for egr?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts