Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran a full bolt on ep3 today. The guy had "a k24 intake manifold, tb spacer, tb, aem intake, dc race header, evo 2 exhaust and k pro reflash" while I have a h22a, 2.5 inch exhaust, stock jdm manifold/downpipe, intake resonator removed, and a basemapped p28. We went from a 40 roll when I had two 250lbs passengers (yes, they somehow fit in a 4th gen) and I pulled about a car to 90. We stopped and put one fatass in his car and went from a 40 roll again. This time it was ugly. I pulled 3-4 cars on him and right from the start I immediately was gaining ground. We went from a dig, he kept up until I hit 2nd and I was gone again. We then went from a 20 roll but that was worse than the 40 roll for him.

I checked his car out afterwards, he had everything done he said as far as I could tell. I don't know much about k series engines, but it certainly had a massive honda intake manifold (a couple mm away from the rad support) and was reflashed based on his rev counter. I know the k20a3 doesn't make a lot of power but I was expecting it to fare a bit better. He couldn't believe how little was done to my lude and said he thought they were heavy slow POS, but im used to hearing that by now

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
The EP3's weigh in at roughly 2750-2800lbs. The 4th gen weighs in at 2900ish. So you were up 600lbs in weight with your 2 passengers.
EP3 makes 160hp you make 200hp- both before mods.
Neither car is fast or even "quick" really, so don't get too excited, speedracer. Your results sound about right. His "re-flash" was likely the one thing that was holding him back. Even if he was fully protuned, the A3 motors suck all the way around but it would've been better for him.
Only thing is, I don't know of a K24 intake manifold that is worth anything? The RBC from the newer SI's is pretty good and then there's the Type R RRC manifold thats hard to come by yet very advantageous, but no K24 manifold comes to mind.... Weird.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Is your EP3 not the Civic Type R 200bhp?

ATleast thats what it is here in the UK.

We have a Civic Type S which is 160bhp.
Like Andrew025 said, we don't have a Type R in that year; only the Si model which comes with the K20A3 that puts out 160 to the flywheel. Slower K version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts