Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm currently looking for some drawings of the mounts that are used for the swap. I'm trying to make some adjustments because of how I am doing my build.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Are you asking for technical drawings? I'm not sure you'll be able to get your hands on those, but you should request those from the source. Send a PM to 1funryd and ask him for them. I doubt he'll be accommodating to your request, but he may be willing to work with you on what you are trying to do.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Are you asking for technical drawings? I'm not sure you'll be able to get your hands on those, but you should request those from the source. Send a PM to 1funryd and ask him for them. I doubt he'll be accommodating to your request, but he may be willing to work with you on what you are trying to do.
He already asked me.

There are no drawings and dimensions for the H22 swap kit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Everyone!
I have a JDM H22A (Serial No.: 4000343) and I have no idea what Ecu I need.

The engine has some things on it that I am not familiar with. For example it has a large amount of connectors on the back that go to the back of the engine. They then got to one large connector that then plugs into the wire harness.

So long story short I would
1) like to see if anyone knows what the connectors are for...
2) know what Ecu I am supposed to use.
3) Does anyone know what type of OBD this engine needs.

Its a 89 Honda prelude and came with a B20A1.

Thanks for all the help?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
That looks like an ATTS unit on the back of that motor.

Please take a picture further back so I can confirm.

And that is an OBD2 motor, you will need my WireWorx H22 OBD1 conversion harness to make it work on your swap.

And if that is an ATTS unit, you are going to have a harder time making that swap work.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
That's an automatic transmission isn't it? I don't know anything about 5th gen engines or transmissions, but it looks like there are shift solenoids in those pics. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.

Edit: Well now even I can see that it's not auto. :oops: Thanks for adding more pictures.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Can't help because I can't see the pics.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Yeah that unit will not work for the H22 swap(specifically my kit).
If you do decide to make your own mounts then you will have to make custom axles as well, which can cost you more in the long run because you will need to keep making custom axles every time the axles need to be replaced.

It will hit the subframe and pushes the whole engine forward more if you went a custom H22 mount setup, as well as pushes the axles forward from the current supported kits.

You can take the ATTS unit off, and you will need a Base transmission then you need a midshaft setup that is going to need to be modded by welding a plate to bolt to the block.
Like the below picture:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What part of the subframe will it hit? The rear section? Also, after a normal swap how much clearance is there between the hood and the engine? If I had to bring it forward, I don't think that would be an issue.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Also, after a normal swap how much clearance is there between the hood and the engine?
Not much.
If I had to bring it forward, I don't think that would be an issue.
That means you don't understand the issues.

I'm not going in to detail here but there a lots of threads on here detailing the swap and it's problems etc....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Not much.
I'm not going in to detail here but there a lots of threads on here detailing the swap and it's problems etc....
I'll start looking around more but someone has to have done it before. Even if it doesn't fit under the hood all the way it's no big deal. I just want to get it to fit.

**EDIT**
Did some looking around.
I really don't want to sell this engine because the the hoops I had to jump through to get it. Do you think it would be hard to just remove the ATTS unit and the trans, sell that and then buy the correct trans that does not have the ATTS unit on it?

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
What part of the subframe will it hit?
The rear section? - Yes
Also, after a normal swap how much clearance is there between the hood and the engine? - For the H22 Valve covers its just barely mm but we had it sit as low as possible so that we still could allow lowring of the vehicle.
If I had to bring it forward, I don't think that would be an issue. - Well that would be a big question mark. But thats up to you.

Answered

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Thanks for the help.

Also I added some info and a question to my last post.
And remember that you will be using custom axles all the time. In order to use Stock Accord axles you will need to go with my kit and an Accord midshaft, which will still require the modification like what I posted above.

But yes you can remove the ATTS unit, just need to do what I posted above.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts