Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put a jdm h22a in my 4th gen. I had a low rpm spudder so i let it go and just drove it. well last week i was driving and it would just random missfire for 1 or 2 seconds and quit.then it started runing like something was cloged like a clogged cat.So i took my spare intake manifold and had the egr ports cleaned.put it back together with new gaskets and took egr valve off cleand it with b12 carb and intake cleaner.i cut the cat. out and changed o2 sensor cause i had those codes.went to start it it ran ok i went up the road and when i hit vtec it was like hitin the rev limiter so i went back home and found were i had the vtec pressure swith grounded was loose.started it now it feels like im running on 2 cylinders.so i changed pluges with ngk type r and ngk wires new fule filter new knock sensor cause i broke it changing the intake. i checked the timming i might be off a dagree but it hasent been touched sence i put the motor in and i have put 10000 miles on it and ran fine i have not a fuc*ing clue what else it could be please help. thank aaron

·
Registered
209 Posts
I wonder if it could be a bad egr or a bad fast idle thingy(forget what its called). If there are a lot of miles on the body than maybe the fuel pump is going.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Well you got me stomped...lol...cap and rotor??? Check the condition of it....When i had burnt valves, my idle was very rough, possibly similiar to what you are describing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have tryed new injectors new cap and rotor now i just put o2 sensor denso and still give me o2 sensor cel code 1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts