Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a mom and pop shop do the labor of swapping a JDM H22A into my 92 SI because I didn't have time between classes so I have a few questions of what they have done with it.

1. The distributor setup is wierd, instead of swapping the H23 dizzy and external coil setup they swapped the external coil plugged it into the harness with the internal coil dizzy still on? Car starts fine, running in limp mode because they didn't wire vtec/currently no o2 sensor because downpipe isn't installed

2. What modifications is required for the H23 downpipe to mate with the H22 header?

Would this be standing in front of the car look down at the engine bay? So 3,4 would be the two top nipples?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
i wouldn't recommend keeping the distributor like it is. thats just me tho.

3 and 4 are on top.

and i dont know if you could modify it. i just bought a new header and downpipe.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Yes 3, 4 are on top.

3 4
1 2

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So anyone know anything about the down-pipe fitment, I am stuck between taking it to an exhaust shop or just trying to modify it myself but if it requires cutting/weld then i'll just take it to a shop. I don't have jackstands so I would have to go borrow them to see the fitment.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Changed my mind, just going to order some ebay headers for the time being. Pulled all the CEL codes earlier and got the following. 21, 41, and 17. The only thing that I didn't expect to see was the VSS ECU code popup but that explains why my speedometer isn't working!! Wiring up vtec tomorrow and ordering a vss soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts