Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys im still a noob and new to all this. Basically I have a 95 prelude S, and was wondering what would it do to my car if I replaced it with the popular H22. Is this the bets motor available or what? And what would be the differences between my car now, and after I installed it. Also, how many miles can I expect to put on a stock motor. I already have about 110,000.

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
i could be a dick and say search but since im a nice guy ill help you as best i can.... the motor u have is a f22 which is a piece of shit imo but u could run them into the ground just like most honda motors.... u can also boost them too.... h22 is the most common swap for 4gens.... they are great motors out of the box... arnt a very expensive swap either... if you do the swap just use the h22a which is the jdm h22... the h22a1 is the usdm... still a great motor just less hp.... if ur planning to boost a stock h22 isnt the best canvas to work with...

im currently building an h22 but im going all motor cus turbos will nickel and dime u to death

·
Registered
513 Posts
Ballinfrogs said:
awsome thanx man...

alright so are these h22's only for 5 speed manual? or do they work for 4 speed auto as well?
h22a1(usdm) came stricly 5 speed

h22a (jdm) came with both, however not to say that every other h22 has a atuo in japan, its still pretty rare, but in my opinion, if your goin vtec, you gotta do a manual swap,
and like was already mentioned, utilize the search button on the top of the page, EVERY possible question has been answered about engines, swaps, trannies etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts