Honda Prelude Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Memento Mori
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
And it's done. The fan shroud got somewhat elaborate so it took me a bit longer to do but it is all together and I did a few mile test drive today - it was so cold I had to turn it down. I'm going to do a proper long test drive tomorrow.

Here is the fan shroud/air duct. I was able to fit one of my nice USA made 12" fans on the right and a cheap 10" on the left:

Clearances are quite tight on the car. I had to shave down the fan housings, hood latch + support, and P/S cooler fins to get everything in:

Also made a heat shield for the compressor:

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
That looks great! I looked once but didn't find it. Where did you get the gold heat shield film? What is it called and what does it cost? Does amazon have it? Are you crimping your hoses or having it done. I think orielly's can crimp hydraulic I don't know if they can do a/c hoses though. I had seen some crimpers and the stuff seemed expensive LIKE a $100 or more for the crimper.

·
Memento Mori
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
The heat shield is this stuff from DEI: http://a.co/ceonHVi

Since I plan to do more custom A/C hoses on other cars in the future I just bought this complete crimper tool and die set: http://a.co/0vgCm8E

·
Memento Mori
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #104

Oh yes my friends, I ran the AC, and it was good.

Did a long test drive in the heat (80s) today, black car black interior baking in the sun and I was totally comfortable. Even got stopped in construction for 10-20 minutes and everything was great. Car is far more enjoyable now.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Great job as always. I need to rig some aluminum side covers since I just put an ebay aluminum radiator and its a little shorter than stock creating some uneeded air flow bypassing the rad.

·
Memento Mori
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Did some quality of life improvements to the interior.

Added a cig lighter port to the side of the console area:

My roll bar slightly blocks the view from the rear view mirror, so I made a spacer to lower the mirror:

I welded some material to the gas pedal to push it out a little and make it easier to heel-toe:

Also did a video on the custom AC setup in case anyone wants to do something similar: https://youtu.be/gXvup7p4S1E

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Looks great!

I'm totally stealing the additional power port location idea.

Mugen pedal covers? How do you like them other than gas spacing, do the clutch and brake covers have any thickness to them? I've noticed a lot of stock bent pedals, some covers might add some strength.

·
Memento Mori
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Mugen pedal covers? How do you like them other than gas spacing, do the clutch and brake covers have any thickness to them? I've noticed a lot of stock bent pedals, some covers might add some strength.
They work fine but are mostly for the bling factor TBH. Grip tape on the pedals is just as functional. They do add some thickness but I don't know if they would actually make the pedal stronger since the lower half of them are just held in place with some double sided tape.

If you want to try them out cheap they sell fake ones on ebay for like $25 that are mostly the same as the real ones, just with lesser fit and finish.

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
Yes you are correct, the lude is much more enjoyable with having all the creature comforts working with a motor swap.

Last time I drove the lude with the AC and the it was a hot day 80-90 degrees outside the inside was freezing!!! I had to turn down the fan to 1 and even then the inside of the car was way too cold.

This while using the Enviro Safe refrigerant.
I keep telling people that this stuff is better than having to deal with expensive R12 and the inefficient R134 stuff.

Envirosafe is cheap and much easier on the system.
I would recommend it to those still using the old AC system.
But I also recommed that everyone who wants to maintain their stock motors and keep their AC systems, to convert to the B-Series compressor and modify the the AC lines and then vaccum and recharge with the EnviroSafe stuff.

Your system will be way more efficient and also last a long time.

Dave has built his own bracket on the B20a lude and either you can have someone make the bracket for you or talk to Dave about making it for you.

Once you change over to the newer AC components your AC should last you a long time and on the hot days you will be so much happier to drive the ludes 30 years later...:wink1:

101 - 112 of 112 Posts