Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently waiting for my h22 motor to arrive from the freight and I was looking at pictures of the motor and discovered that it might be a JDM instead of USDM h22 by looking at the throttle cable that is mounted on the valve cover heading to the passenger side. (Which there is nothing wrong with that)

Anyways, I am trying to compile a list of things that must be ordered/done before it is dropped in the car. The motor has no accessores at all bolted on, so far I can see that I will be needing to swap my H23 power-steering and alternator. I think I can see the PS bracket already installed but it is missing an alternator bracket, will the H23 alternator bracket line up properly on the H22?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also notice that the coil is missing. H22a's have internal coils. Unless yours is already an internal coil you wont have to worry about it. I had to put together a disi with an external coil with my swap, using the h23 harness. I think the alt. bracket is the same, dont hold me to it tho.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also notice that the coil is missing. H22a's have internal coils. Unless yours is already an internal coil you wont have to worry about it. I had to put together a disi with an external coil with my swap, using the h23 harness. I think the alt. bracket is the same, dont hold me to it tho.
I was planning to swap my h23 dizzy and external coil to the h22. Also I think the PS bracket is still there but I can't be exactly sure until I receive the motor tomorrow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was planning to swap my h23 dizzy and external coil to the h22. Also I think the PS bracket is still there but I can't be exactly sure until I receive the motor tomorrow.
When i ordered my swap it had all brackets with it, but all venders are different... Either way good luck with swap, post some pics!

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is one thing I forgot to do :(

I tried contacting the place through e-mail but they haven't responded yet, if it does end up being odbII what will it take extra to swap the motor in?
I've done an obd2 to obd1 swap, that wasn't too bad. Going from obd1 to obd2 might be a different story. I'm no expert, but I would say it's going to cause some headaches. If you put your mind to it, I'm sure you can figure it out, but if there were a way to somehow stop all of this and get what you wanted to begin with, you will save yourself alot of trouble. It's not just gonna be a drop it in and its done kind of deal if it is obd2. Good luck, keep us posted when your engine arrives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.