Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok wats up guys alot of you know i was doin my swap alone in my driveway in the cold and since it got nice out i finished it up real quick in like 3 days, but since then i have been trying to get it to run right. I am using a h23 ecu so that was my first problem cuz i had h22 injectors in the motor so i switched them out for the h23 injectors and that helped. then i had my exhaust problem which i now fixed and its very purrty. Now i know my O2 sensor is kinda messed up cuz every now n then i get a CEL code for #1 the oxygen sensor, that i have not fixed yet. so right now i can have the car idle fine and it runs like a champ but when i try to go it dies out at about 3200 rpms. i have new plugs and the wires look fine. Even if the car is sitting and running if i rev it to 3 grand it starts cutting out it sounds kinda like the msd 2 stage for when you wanna launch good. I wanna know do you guys think its my Wires my O2 sensor or the ECU or something else.

Thanks for reading i know its alot but i really wanna drive this Effin car

·
Registered
391 Posts
Get a p13 dude and put the h22 injectors back in. You dont wana lean out your h22 you put alot of time effort ect to put in there now do you? Do this first and then worry about your random cel.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks i was pretty much expecting that answer just wanted so see what other people thought. Now i cant even get the engine to start i am pretty sure that it is either the dizzy or the wires cuz im not getting spark at all from on any cylinder so im guessing the dizzy is to blame i have an extra coil and i tried that and still nothing. I took the cap off and that looked ok tho. So anyone else think it has to be the dizzy and do you know how much it goes for??

·
Registered
949 Posts
my boy leo is parting out an h22 everything.Piston went thru the block but the ecu injectors and everything else is working fine.if you need anything or if you want to take a look at anything let me or qnz92lude know.He has performance on most of the things.I believe the injectors are from venom.he's getting a new engine and wants to start fresh.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got it started just now i found the ground for the fuel pump not connected right and then i connected it cleaned the plugs and she starts right up but on to the next and posibly last problem, My timing belt. I just put a brand new one on and trust me it weas a pain in the fuckin ass i cant ever imagine doing it with the motor in the car. It is getting chewed up on the outside edge now it looks like it is rubbing against the tensioner for the other little belt on the bottom but where ever i move the belt to on the pulleys it slides back to the outside edge. Really i just want to know that if i put a spacer in there that the belt wont contine to move towards the outside and slip off and then im really fucked and back to where i started. So anyone else with knowledge on this lemme know asap PLEASE i want to drive it to school monday ;)

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
mine was doing the same thing throwing a code for the crank position sensor...

but hell that was a GSR motor....

but it would rev to about 3 grand then have like a limiter....until i shifted.

i sold the car and the new owner put in a new distributor and it stopped so maybe thats the problem with yours.

then again im not much of a motor guy so i dont know.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you dont HAVE to use the ecu for that motor since its still a h series motor just it might run alittle lean at higher RPMs and you wont have VTEC so im ok with that ecu for a week or 2 till i can get a p13. I still cant get the timing belt to stay where its supposed to and now the car idles at around 300 rpms and stays running which amazed me but that might just be the plugs or something i havent really gotten into it yet but i really need to find out whats makin the belt move cuz its all chewed up now and im gonna have to change it but i wanna fix the problem before i ruin a new belt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.