Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im getting my hands on a h22a1 block and head with stock internals for pretty much nothing:grin:...im thinking do all the work at one time before the motor even goes in... dont ask where i got it and no im not selling it. but i wana build it up n/a. heres what i had in mind

-je pistons
-eagle rods
-skunk 2 cams
-skunk 2 adjustable cam gears
-skunk 2 valves,springs,retainers
-skunk 2 intake manifold
-skunk 2 throttle body
-injectors (need some recommendations)
-aem fuel rail and fpr
-unorthodox pulleys
-dc header
-aem v2 intake
-port and polish head
-p72 or p28 ecu with neptune tuning

any guesses on what numbers ill put down on the dyno?:burnout:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
ditch the DC header, go with a custom header RMF, SMSP, Modded GReddy (dyno proven better gains)

I would reccomend searching around other peoples N/A setups. see the amount of power they have gotten from their mods.
go to honda-tech.com and search for N/A H22 build you will find alot

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks im not lookin to spend a load of money on a header... a header is a header to me... i was looking for more of and opinion on internals and headwork

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
FaV605 said:
thanks im not lookin to spend a load of money on a header... a header is a header to me... i was looking for more of and opinion on internals and headwork
bahahaha, you have got alot to learn then......

i'm guessing you got the block sleeved since you are running JE pistons?

who sleeved it and who did your head work?

and please dont turn this into a "guess what i will put down" thread. Thats really stupid. Build it, dyno it, take it to the strip and see what times you get. Bench racing will get this thread locked QUICK.

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i havent even gotten the motor yet i was asking opinions on what would work the best... im looking for something reliable but quick. ive never built a motor or had to buy internals so i came to ask what people would reccomend before i go waste money

im also 16 with a tight budget so for me to spend 800 dollars on a custom header is out of the question

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you on a tight budget you build should look more like this:

-type-s pistons
-eagle rods
-skunk 2 cams
-skunk 2 adjustable cam gears
-skunk 2 valves,springs,retainers
-Accord Euro R intake manifold
-skunk 2 throttle body
-no need for for fuel rail or fpr
-unorthodox pulleys
-Rmf header
-Ebay intake with Apex-i filter
-port and polish head
-p28 ecu with neptune tuning

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
FaV605 said:
well.... without a good header, you won't be at max potential.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Preloaded said:
If you on a tight budget you build should look more like this:
And even cheaper setup would use

-Type-S pistons (stock rods)
-Choice of cams
-Rocket Valvetrain
-Ported IM, or Euro R if you can get one for cheap
-Bored TB
-Any intake
-Crome EMS
-No exhaust (cheaper, more power :p)

Plus whatever header you can scrounge up used. Vibrant/T1R, or one of the custom jobbies.

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
well, the setup you have listed puts you around 6k in parts, machine work. Are you going to do the engine removal and install yourself or are you gonna pay someone to do it?

unless you get another block to get sent off, your car will be down for a few weeks while its getting sleeved.

with all that said, 800 dollars is nothing to spend when you are already spending ~6k.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
2.2L said:
with all that said, 800 dollars is nothing to spend when you are already spending ~6k.
Realistically it's going to be less, since it's just the difference in cost between header A and header B.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
unless your going with forced induction you dont need the stock intake manifold is fine no need to waste money there....also you will need some high compression pistons to get more horsepower and no a header is not just a header.....i tell you what go get on the JUN racing site and look up there n/a prelude and see what they have on it....thats about the best you will get n/a unless you start ordering up some custom made parts brah....good luck with the build up

·
Registered
6 Posts
SPECIFICATIONS VEHICLE HONDA PRELUDE BB4 ENGINE TYPE H22A BORE / STROKE 87.0mm / 90.7mm TOTAL ENGINE DISP. 2156cc COMPRESSION RATIO 12.3 : 1 MAX POWER 269 ps / 7650rpm MAX TORQUE 27kgm / 5500rpm SETUP PARTS CAMSHAFT JUN HIGH LIFT CAMSHAFT INT 296-12.2/ EXH 296-11.9mm VALVE Stock VALVE SPRING JUN Racing Valve Spring(double spring type) VALVE RETAINER JUN Titanium Vavle Retainer PISTON JUN Super Piston CONNECTING ROD Stock Processing CRANKSHAFT Stock AIR CLEANER K&N INT MANIFOLD JUN Original (ACCORD EURO R) EXH MANIFOLD JUN Exhaust manifold MUFFLER JUN Original ENGINE OIL NEO OIL 15W-30 RADIATOR Stock FUEL CONTROLLER JUN CPU FUEL INJECTOR Stock FUEL PUMP PS 13 SILVIA CLUTCH JUN Hyper Clutch Kit FLY WHEEL JUN Standard Type TRANSMISSION Stock LSD CUSCO Type RS TIRE ADVAN A-048 (F)225-45-17 (R)215-45-17 WHEEL ADVAN RG 17-7.5JJ SUSPENSION ZEAL FUNCTION S6 Processing BRAKE PAD ENDLESS MA-11

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.