Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I think it's finally time to start the process for a motor AND transmission swap for my '91 Prelude Si. The car currently has a B21A1 with an automatic transmission. I'm looking to go for a H22 swapped from a 92-95 Prelude with a 5-speed manual transmission. I'm in the process of researching and sourcing out my parts, so that I can collect them and make the actual swap process as smooth as possible. I'm planning on taking the project to be done at a shop, and let them handle the rest. Side question: would this be the same if I went for a F20B motor swap?

I'm following a thread posted by Sean (1FunRyd): The Official H22 Swap thread by 1FunRyd - Honda Prelude Forum
I'm using it as a reference guide to have an idea of what essential parts I may need for the project to be successful. I would like some opinions, suggestions, and or advice on the parts that I gather or what to keep in mind. The purpose of this thread is for discussion on helping me (and maybe others) in the process of a swap project.

·
Premium Member
16,601 Posts
The motor mounts I’m looking to go for is the ones from Innovative: 88-91 PRELUDE CONVERSION ENGINE MOUNT KIT (H-Series / Manual)

What do you guys think about it? Just fine?

Also is this bracket necessary? H22 ALTERNATOR RE-LOCATOR
Stay away from the innovative products. They are terrible due to the fact that they do not sit the motor and transmission correctly in the engine bay.

Many have went with them due to they are cheaper than my kit but my kits fits the engine in correctly and allows for powersteering, the innovative does not.

The traction bar also has fitment issues, I know this because I fixed one innovative swap kit already and the first buyers of the kit and the traction bar kept calling me to help them fix innovative s issues.

Also to make things less costly for you, stay away from the F20b.
I used to be an advocate for it, but after researching and even witnessing the extra costs to get the motor to run correctly you end up losing in the end.

Just stick with a JDM H22a swap, you will not regret it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just buy my 3g lude and forget the headache of waiting on some shop to overcharged you or waiting on parts 5k and you have a fully built sleeved boosted 500 whp H22 swapped 3g with all the right stuff in it big brakes, quaife diff,gator axles, traction bar, custom front mount turbo kit, hondata s300, ID 1k injs man that's almost 10 k in parts all for 5k this is a great opportunity for someone looking for a nice 3g lude. You can call or text me at 865-599-9346 thanks Dustin.

·
Premium Member
16,601 Posts
Just buy my 3g lude and forget the headache of waiting on some shop to overcharged you or waiting on parts 5k and you have a fully built sleeved boosted 500 whp H22 swapped 3g with all the right stuff in it big brakes, quaife diff,gator axles, traction bar, custom front mount turbo kit, hondata s300, ID 1k injs man that's almost 10 k in parts all for 5k this is a great opportunity for someone looking for a nice 3g lude. You can call or text me at 865-599-9346 thanks Dustin.
Honestly you could not go wrong buying Dustin's lude.
$5k for a build that is worth way more and you are already ahead of the game.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The car is located in Dayton TN and now has no Hart I sold the engine and transmission but now left with a 3gp that is ready for a h swap still have the az race mounts and gator axles and harness I'm asking 2000$ for a clean body clean interior car that has lots of life still in it if anyone is interested my number is a few post up and I can send pic by text. I have a stock running h22a4 and trans that can go with it for an additional 500$ I just don't have any time to work on it anymore it has Ben sitting under tarp for last 4 yr.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts