Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, this doesn't relate to the lude too much but I wanted to take out my h from the prelude and put it in my 99crv and boost it my question is. What is the best route to take in building a 4x4 car, I kinda think boosting it isn't the best

·
Registered
273 Posts
that would be a cool build, but from what I know about b series, you're b20 in your crv would be a good platform to build and turbo. be a whole lot easier and cheaper than trying to do forced induction and a swap. also, I think you would run into issues since there is no AWD h/f series trans. they make kits to bolt up a b series trans to an h- motor.... but with awd figured in there as well that may give you some trouble.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
An equally relevant question would be, is the CRV good for an off road car? My experiences tell me, no, not particularly. The AWD is a fail as soon as one wheel comes off the ground, and that happens easily because the suspension doesn't have enough flex.

If your situation just involves long distances on gravel roads, the CRV is fine, but then leave the drivetrain stock for reliability and be prepared to replace suspension parts regularly.

I was glad I took my sister's CRV off road before buying one. Now, I'd probably just save up a bit more and get a 4Runner instead. This is how it handled a slick cross ditch:
https://instagram.com/p/BBt2Ag_BL0G/

·
Registered
273 Posts
An equally relevant question would be, is the CRV good for an off road car? My experiences tell me, no, not particularly. The AWD is a fail as soon as one wheel comes off the ground, and that happens easily because the suspension doesn't have enough flex.

If your situation just involves long distances on gravel roads, the CRV is fine, but then leave the drivetrain stock for reliability and be prepared to replace suspension parts regularly.

I was glad I took my sister's CRV off road before buying one. Now, I'd probably just save up a bit more and get a 4Runner instead. This is how it handled a slick cross ditch:
https://instagram.com/p/BBt2Ag_BL0G/
lol, yeah I have a crv as well, its a third gen though so its far worse than this. definitely a soft-roader.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts