Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have searched for the answer to this and cant come up with a solution. I'm about to pick up a authentic jasma header for my 5th gen but its only got the top piece....no downpipe. What are my options for mating a downpipe with the top piece? Do i have to have the jasma/mugen downpipe? or can i mate another brand or a custom downpipe to the top piece? And if this is possible would it even be worth it? I wanna figure it out cause im picking them up for pretty much spare change......................... can anyone help? Any feedback is appreciated

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would just have a pipe welded on to it that way you know it will fit like you want it to.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would just have a pipe welded on to it that way you know it will fit like you want it to.
that might be a possibility but dont think i want it welded on, maybe a custom piece with flanges and such so it can be a 2 piece setup

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Or go to an exhaust shop and have them make you a downpipe and flange that fits. Prolly $100-150. Problem solved

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or go to an exhaust shop and have them make you a downpipe and flange that fits. Prolly $100-150. Problem solved
cool thanks bro, thats what i think i might do, i would like to know if there is any big differences in downpipes in a siuation like this.......like will it perform the same with a custom piece instead of the one intended for it?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
cool thanks bro, thats what i think i might do, i would like to know if there is any big differences in downpipes in a siuation like this.......like will it perform the same with a custom piece instead of the one intended for it?
You may have better flow and lower your backpressure but it depends on what mods you have done. Its not gonna be smaller than 2.25"(stock). Mine is 2.5 all the way but I have lots of wrench time in mine. The exhaust shop can make that call.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You may have better flow and lower your backpressure but it depends on what mods you have done. Its not gonna be smaller than 2.25"(stock). Mine is 2.5 all the way but I have lots of wrench time in mine. The exhaust shop can make that call.
basically a dd, motor wise just intake and header....no exhaust, but ya im gonna look into it, i have a couple shops to talk to........thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
basically a dd, motor wise just intake and header....no exhaust, but ya im gonna look into it, i have a couple shops to talk to........thanks for the help
Ok then 2.25 is what youll prolly want. Have the exhaust shop measure the collector and make the call.

Rep is always welcome, glad to help.

Reactions: n8jigga
1 - 9 of 9 Posts