Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a eg with a h22a ,type s cams an a 60-1 i thought a blew a head gasket soo i pulled the head off #2pistons had bad ringlands i wanna build it now an need to know what opps i have cause of the fiber whatever sleve can +i still want to make more i need to know can i used any forge pistons,can i hone them sleves an how much power is the stock sleves good for:evil smile:

·
Registered
840 Posts
umm ....ok....civicpower.com?

edit: "how much power is the stock sleeves good for" ?? interstin question ..you mean how much boost? or ...wtf exactly do u mean by that?

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
he's running a prelude motor guys, he doesnt know what year or gen its from he just knows its a h22, sort of like how i dont really give 2 shits about what motor a civic has in each generation.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
H22eg, you should get on the fourth gen forum and ask there, 'cause they probably know more about H22s than we do. Oh, who am I kidding...

--J

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
Well you will need to get new oversized pistons most likely. They had some neat ones on hondatuning last time which required the pistons sleeves to just be honed and no need to resleeve the engine. Which is good if you are on a budjet. If you don't care then just get oversized OEM pistons and rings. That's all. Honestly I believe you would need a high compression piston setup to really use those Type S cams. Which personally I think are a waste of money in my personal opinion.

And this will be all the info you get....

Go to inline4.com or some other gay ass community (no offense) EG's rock though. Do you have a hatch or a 4 door?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
750 Posts
obviously a hatch. every gay civic kid (sorry i have a personal hatrid for civics) has a gay hatch.

sorry once again for the hatred that i harbour for gay ass civics.
there we go again. lol

ne way if your going to bore out the cylinder. i would sugest putting a sleeve in there cause FRM blocks apparently dont like being just bored. atleast that is what i have heard, i have never had any experiance with boring an FRM block.

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
I could have sworn H22 had aluminum sleeves which made it a bitch to install larger pistons..... unless it's sleeved... but it can be done with the proper pistons....

And EG8's are 4 doors. Which are great cars. I've had a EG6 (hatchback) of different models and they've all been great cars. You're just hating because you're on the prelude band wagon. In other words, don't hate the player, hate the game. It's not their fault they have a huge aftermarket support. they're just great cars.... Something the prelude will never be.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
team123luder said:
I could have sworn H22 had aluminum sleeves which made it a bitch to install larger pistons..... unless it's sleeved... but it can be done with the proper pistons....

And EG8's are 4 doors. Which are great cars. I've had a EG6 (hatchback) of different models and they've all been great cars. You're just hating because you're on the prelude band wagon. In other words, don't hate the player, hate the game. It's not their fault they have a huge aftermarket support. they're just great cars.... Something the prelude will never be.
A while ago you were saying how preludes were so good, now you make this comment :roll:

Civics are good at gas mileage and getting GROCERIES, damn straight preludes wont be used for that, honda was thinking when they thought of the Prelude's purpose.

·
Registered
750 Posts
team123luder said:

no dude. its not that. its cause everyone has one and only a select few of them look good. cause they all wanna go fast and look good but they got no money so they rice the shit outta the car. half those civic kids ar punk asses that think a short ram intake makes them go 100 mph faster. they think they are the shit. I know so many civic ppl it isnt funny. They are good cars but they are only good stock or actually done right. there is no other way.

and preludesi 2004. i thought the same thing about my lude when one day my G/F decided to go grocery shopping and wanted me to pick her up. Ya imagine $175 worth of groceries going in the back of my lude with the sug in there too.

i was like WTF this isnt a grocery getter.

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
Preludesi_2004 said:
A while ago you were saying how preludes were so good, now you make this comment :roll:

Civics are good at gas mileage and getting GROCERIES, damn straight preludes wont be used for that, honda was thinking when they thought of the Prelude's purpose.

You totally got that wrong bro. I've been a member on here for a few years because I love the prelude. And I also understand that the prelude will never have the same potential as a civic. I wanted to be totally different. As of right now I have the option of getting rid of my dead prelude and getting my hands on a totally kick ass Evo MR... But I wont because I want to be different.
The prelude is a freaking insane car, for it's time and age. There was nothing out there that was anything close to a 3g prelude. Simply the best 80's honda there was. Sure it lacked hp that a Sir civic or CR-X had but it still made up for it around the corners. The Xsi DA wasn't even close to being compared to a prelude either... accords and legends well I wont touch that subject since they are family cars....
Being that I've owned a few hondas in my time I do accept that fact that I will never be a civic head. But I will have a sick ass prelude one day that a civic guy will spew all over his boxers once he looks at it. Once Honda tunning puts my car in its mag and shows it off it'll start something bigger and give Ludes a new hope.
I cried when I found out the prelude was dropped from the honda line. I understand it was doing as well as it should have or was planned on but, it was worth it. Best cheap sports car out there.

·
Registered
840 Posts
team123luder said:
You totally got that wrong bro. I've been a member on here for a few years because I love the prelude. And I also understand that the prelude will never have the same potential as a civic. I wanted to be totally different. As of right now I have the option of getting rid of my dead prelude and getting my hands on a totally kick ass Evo MR... But I wont because I want to be different.
The prelude is a freaking insane car, for it's time and age. There was nothing out there that was anything close to a 3g prelude. Simply the best 80's honda there was. Sure it lacked hp that a Sir civic or CR-X had but it still made up for it around the corners. The Xsi DA wasn't even close to being compared to a prelude either... accords and legends well I wont touch that subject since they are family cars....
Being that I've owned a few hondas in my time I do accept that fact that I will never be a civic head. But I will have a sick ass prelude one day that a civic guy will spew all over his boxers once he looks at it. Once Honda tunning puts my car in its mag and shows it off it'll start something bigger and give Ludes a new hope.
I cried when I found out the prelude was dropped from the honda line. I understand it was doing as well as it should have or was planned on but, it was worth it. Best cheap sports car out there.

now thats a true luder, glad to see im not alone. Ive also had many opportunities to own "better" cars. a year ago i even had my name on the title of a 1992 300zx TT. Fast car but hey ....it just wasnt me i still craved a 3rd gen so bad.
ive had my lude for almost a year now and i STILL get anxious to drive the damn thing every day. just yesterday i had to go for a 2hour cruise just for the hell of it, i coulda gone out but instead i got in my lude alone and drove up state :grin:

and also i dont "hate" on civics and accords, i actually like all hondas and specially accuras (tegs), I just wished they all were modified in a proper taste. yes it does make me sick when i see a civic with cutoff exhaust and spinners hubcaps on it rollin as if he was in a ferrari, but they do that wit some of our ludes too so gotta learn to ignore the idiots.

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
scyclone said:
. yes it does make me sick when i see a civic with cutoff exhaust and spinners hubcaps on it rollin as if he was in a ferrari, but they do that wit some of our ludes too so gotta learn to ignore the idiots.[/quote]

DID YOU GUYS READ THIS!!!!!!!

It goes both ways.

And I'm still considering the MR.... Selling my truck and windstar (don't really like those cars) in order to get me a nice 4 door family car :wink:....

either that or a Honda Element with a Type R head!!!!!!!!! I'm nuts.

·
Registered
711 Posts
that would be a kickass element!!

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
team123luder said:
i understand.... give me a hug :lol:

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
playboyesq said:
obviously a hatch. every gay civic kid (sorry i have a personal hatrid for civics) has a gay hatch.

sorry once again for the hatred that i harbour for gay ass civics.
there we go again. lol
I have a Civic hatch. Am I gay?

I know what a fucking Civic is, and I know what a fucking Prelude is. Most importantly, I know what a Civic is not.

I have a '93 Civic Si. As far as Civics go, it was the top model and the performance model. I can't really compare it to a stock Prelude 'cause I haven't driven one of those in, um, about six years or so. I have to compare it to my Prelude, which isn't stock. I love my Civic. It's a great car. Is it a great performance car? Fuck no, James. Is it pretty decent for a grocery-getter? I'd like to think so.

My Civic is a fun car. My Civic tries to be what the Prelude was from the beginning. Poor Civic.

You guys are talking about how the Civic blows goats and how Preludes own. Yeah, well, that may be so, but the Civic has its purpose and the Prelude has its purpose. They are not in the same fucking category and therefor can't realistically be compared against one another. Fuck.

Just for fun, let's compare a little bit, shall we?

Brakes: Civic = shitty. Prelude = the way brakes ought to be.
Steering: Civic = shitty. Prelude = a little over-assisted, I think, but still way better than any Civic.
Suspension: Civic = why even continue!?

Yes, I am only comparing my '91 Prelude to my '93 Civic, but I did this little exercise to illustrate a point: it isn't right to compare these two cars. They're completely different. People don't chauch up Civics because they're great cars: they chauch them up because anybody can afford 'em. They're cheap, and anybody can drive a Civic. It's fuckin' simple. It takes a real enthusiast to appreciate a Prelude, and to drive one. Any idiot can turn a Civic into a poor facsimile of a Prelude in terms of performance, but there's only one Prelude. Yeah, the Prelude isn't the shit in the grand scheme of things, but think about what each Civic and each Prelude were intended for and you ought to see things a bit more clearly.

Just for the record, I love both my Hondas more than I love any of you guys.

--J

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
Import_Tuna said:
I have a Civic hatch. Am I gay?

I know what a fucking Civic is, and I know what a fucking Prelude is. Most importantly, I know what a Civic is not.

I have a '93 Civic Si. As far as Civics go, it was the top model and the performance model. I can't really compare it to a stock Prelude 'cause I haven't driven one of those in, um, about six years or so. I have to compare it to my Prelude, which isn't stock. I love my Civic. It's a great car. Is it a great performance car? Fuck no, James. Is it pretty decent for a grocery-getter? I'd like to think so.

--J

Yes it does make you gay.

And no, the CRX Si was the best performing Civic in the united states. For all you noobs... the CRX was still a civic. And world wide in the time and age of the EG, the SIR was the best performing civic out there. It had great braking power, nice handling, pretty strong power.... and it looked good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.