Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... So I've taken out all of my trunk linings and such and I'm thinkin about taking the actual carpeting out of my Lude, but I'm trying to devise a way to cover all of the interior wiring and piping.
I'm rolling the idea around of using some sort of "bed lining" roll on crap my one friend suggested to cover the floor boards. Another person said to just paint the stuff with black spray paint, but it just sounds cheap.
I still have the fact of having my filler hoses and shtuff exposed. Thinking of maybe making my own fiberglass cover for all of that stuff.

Any ideas?!
I'm bored and it'd be a great way to waste a few hours after I get my pay check.

Thanks everyone for your time.:smilejap:

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
well is there really a reason why u want to do that? r u planning on racing or putting racing seats in and then harnesses or whats the point then other then being bored with the car. as for hiding the wires and what not. u could just run wire looms over then which is just a fansy tube material that comes in colors. u could also put them in metal tubes and extend them to the sides and run them along the edges. a way to clean up the interior after u take the carpet out would be to either yes paint it the same color as the body or black of some sort. or if u want to do some sound deadening u could get the interior metal rino lined or liner X lined. its that durable truck bed liner that is sprayed on and is very good. so those are what u can do. but tell us what the purpose of this is and that would help us out to make suggestions to u.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I'm planning on putting in racing seats and such, but not right now.
I'm going to be hopefully racing it over the summer.
Novice level stuff.
I'm bored really and broke at the momment.
So u can use that bed liner stuff?
It won't melt like undercoating will it?

I'm planning to turn this car into something I can go from everyday to track.
I'm just sheading as many extra pounds as possible without ditching the sunroof.. haha..

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
yeah it wonts eat anything. alot of pple spray that stuff to the undersides of their kits and wheel wells to prevent chiping. so yeah it is fine and its thik enough to do some good sound deadening too. but yeah i hope u are planing on doing race seats adn harnesses casue it would almost be a wast to just take that stuff out and keep that stock stuff.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
driftdreamer_bb1 said:
yeah, I'm planning on putting in racing seats and such, but not right now.
I'm going to be hopefully racing it over the summer.
Novice level stuff.
I'm bored really and broke at the momment.
So u can use that bed liner stuff?
It won't melt like undercoating will it?

I'm planning to turn this car into something I can go from everyday to track.
I'm just sheading as many extra pounds as possible without ditching the sunroof.. haha..

sheet metal a fake floor.

that bed liner stuff is not that light if you spray it on real thick

sheet metal is really light.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I stripped the interior of my integra and used this spray in bed liner stuff, it was like $10 a can at Fred Meyer and was basically a really thick chunky spray paint. It worked great, and probably only added 1 pound of weight

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
yeah see thats exactly what i was suggesting to do. and even if u did the bed liner spray u could go over that too with color paint and color it too if u wanted to.

·
Registered
462 Posts
well, this is with truck bed liner

(I finally took off all the sound deadening last week >_>)

I warn you though, when you do this the inside of your car will get dirty FAST, I thought it would be easier to clean but it isnt.

·
Registered
54 Posts
ok, question about all this spray in bedliner stuff. just how thick is it? obviously its spray in so there is going to be overspray/paint dust correct? i was thinking about pulling the rear seat and all in my 4th Gen. no one can acually fit back there anyway and it would kill some weight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts