Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GPS Enabled
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow I sat in gum yesterday and now its ground into my seat. I drove for almost 2 hours straight before getting out to find a huge gooey mess stringing from my ass to the seat. Its really stuck bad. I tried freezing it with comprssed gas and peeling/picking at it witn almost no success.
Will an adhesive remover be upholstery friendly?
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
128 Posts
you will want to clean your seat afterwards, but gasoline or wd40 will break up the compound of the gum... just do it at a car wash, so you can shampoo it immediately after...

·
the roserich luder
450 Posts
i would try goo gone before gas and wd-40 just in case it works
gas would be the last option cause that shit is strong and that smell will stay for a little while
besides goo gone is some badass shit

·
Registered
391 Posts
you can try non diluted Simple Green, its safe on upholstery.
if worst comes to worst you can take it to a dealer and they can steam clean it or whatever they do. they can get just about anything out of upholstery. someone got tar on my moms passenger seat and the dealer got it all off. i thought that stuff was never going to come off, we tried everything.

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,504 Posts
sorry but i lol'd reading that..
i would try freezing it and it would kind of break up after its hard. get a can of o2 spray one of those keyboard cleaner things those spray out cold air id try that

·
The Australian
5,058 Posts
^+1 on keyboard cleaner, that worked for me
gets it super cold then i was able to scrape it off
it all depends on how bad it's in there

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
baby oil or mineral oil works good, my kid got it in his hair, and my girl used some baby oil came right out.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Goo gone, but its actually a petrolium product. im sure it cant be as harsh as gas though.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
i've heard peanut butter gets it out of your hair.. if you cant do that, like they said, use a bag of ice and let it freeze and then it'll shatter off with something like pliars. we've done that before with a hammer to get the gum off the sidewalk at my work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
DO NOT USE PEANUT BUTTER! I tried this and it stained my seat. The best way to get all the gum off is to use a light penetrating oil or WD40 on a cloth and saturate the area around the gum. Next take an ice cube and press it onto the gum. I don't know why, but it works. My grandfather owned an autobody store and has used this trick succesfully a few times and tought it to me.

·
The Australian
5,058 Posts
god damn it this was three months ago guys
i'm sure he has gotten it off by now

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey you kiss your mom with that mouth?

·
The Australian
5,058 Posts
I kiss your moms with it
she never complained

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,504 Posts
^ lolllllllllll.. i think hes still sitting on the gum he never came back and told us what works

1 - 17 of 17 Posts