1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
that is nice, to bad i have no $$$$ or that would be all over my 86

·
Registered
593 Posts
I am going to have to start playing the lottery or something... everytime I am short on cash, something really nice comes up! GRRRR!!!:wzbigcry:

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
ya that is really nice

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IDTrav said:
useless. just ask shady. unless of course you have contrabands car :devil:
Why do you say???? Yes, you will have to have other mods to really take advantage of the extra airflow, but why so negative man?

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
fuck im gonna jump all over that shit...

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
TB and manifold

TB looks good howmuch do Gude charge for making stock ones bigger?
Well I think Shady's problem was with the inlet manifold as it had really large ports and they were really short so he was loosing a shed load of air speed velocity going into the inlet port, but if he had a big valve conversion, with a wilder camshaft, better valves seats and some more work done on the exhuast port i'm sure that his Victor X manifold would have worked out better, also i think he had some crazy size TB as well fitted which probably didn't help, a case of too big too soon but hey all in a good cause.

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
haha ya travis just can't get over the fact that i tried to go to big at once and he wont get over it even though i have yet to see his 45 webers run any better then the go karts down the road from my place lol

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
too fast too soon

Yeah quite the pair you too, all good fun experimenting though, i think you two should do a engine building course or something similar really easy isn't that hard you've go the space and most the equipment anyways save you a whole bunch of money that you could spend on parts!! What piston rings did you guy's use in the end? Also whats the compression like on your engine i know Travs is shagged but you've never mentioned your's?

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
oh my compression is most likley toast...i have a major issue is one or all 4 of my cyclinders...extremly blow by...either cracked piston, ring or possiably somehow the mechanic put the rings in upside down...its going to the shop as soon as the new guy can bring it in...its not even drivable so i haven't bothered bringing it out...i don't wanna drive it and have to put oil in the bitch every day so im just gonna wait...

·
DCOE45Z
2,946 Posts
hahahaha that stupid putzzz shady is! All of us told him from the beginning that the intake mani + throttle body was too big. then he didn't break it in properly cough cough 140+ down the hiway to work for 2 weeks and wonders why his rings didn't seat properly!!!

and yes my car DOES perform now! I have no bottom end torque whatsoever but i can squawk em' into 2nd and it revvs to 7K so it is getting pretty damn fun to drive haha. wide open throttle sounds great!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IDTrav said:
cmon' u know damn well noones gonnna bid on that shit till the last few minutes :evil smile:
LMAO.......gotta keep it fresh so no one forgets!
I know though.....thats the e-bay way.:turn:

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
trav u are such a fuck. i broke that bitch in like a newborn...it was toast from the get go when the cylinders were soaked with gas...it still walked on your car last year and would still walk on the webers even with the big mani haha dragon or not!

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Engine probs

Oh that sounds bad, could well be that the rings are upside down, but to be honest could be a problem with detonation and maybe the pistons are fried any idea how much idle advance you were running or where the position of the dizzy was? Could be the same issue with Travs car quite commone to have just one piston detonating did you have the Dizzy vac advance removed Trav? The webers hate having vac advance on they make the dizzy go nuts and causes all sorts of issues ah but then again aren't you guy's using aftermarket ignition MSD or something?

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
i was running the dizzy advanced forsure...just a little though...for a little while it when i first got it back...the gas was so off i couldn't get it to rev over 4....now it bounces to 7500 like our buddies gsxr....but trav doesn't know what hes tlkin about...i never let it sit on the highway....if i was doing highway driving the rpms were never stable id slowly bring it up and let it dropp back down.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts