Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well commin home from work i see a gtp commin up on my ass fast and im doin 60 so once it gets to my rear bumper i floor it and im 90% sure the gtp did and i stayed ahead, surprised me alot cuz i thought for sure they were flooring it, but idk, becuz it seems odd to me cuz ik what the gtps can do

supercharged gtp i mean

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
jdawgs92ludesi said:
either he didnt race you or it wasnt a gtp cause they push like 260 or 280hp stock....it might have just been a grand am gt or something....but who cares a kill is a kill...
no ik what the hell im talking about, believe me when i tell u wat car i raced, its a 97-01 model PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GTP SUPERCHARGED thats 240 HP stock. and yes i asked the girl today if she was flooring it (because i found out it was a girls i work with) and she said yea.

remember it started at around 60 mph i was surprised, Ik the GTP would own me off the line and anywhere else

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
gtps are alot slower from a 40mph rool as well, and ther kick down when crusing goes 4th gear,3rd gear then 2nd if u start 1st u start with a jump

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
What all mods you got? I got a friend with a Grand Prix GTP, pretty sure hes stock except the huge chrome rims...

·
Registered
541 Posts
what mods you got on that 4g?...stock there slow as fuck..ive taken a couple stockers in my 2g lude...=) along with a H22 lude? i think there 5th gens? if im correct...

·
Registered
378 Posts
well I don't know what happened but a Grand Prix GTP kicked my ass badly!! I have an untunned turbo 5th gen(no VTEC at the moment) and I got owned from a 25 mph roll...it was before I knew that since my car is running rich I should not push the gas pedal to the floor...because it hessitates(right spelling?) so if I ever see that dude again Ill race him again but this time I will just tap on the gas pedal to get the "right A/F mix"

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
[quote='CiscoSI]...it was before I knew that since my car is running rich I should not push the gas pedal to the floor...because it hessitates(right spelling?) so if I ever see that dude again Ill race him again but this time I will just tap on the gas pedal to get the "right A/F mix"[/quote]

OMG. Get the car properly tuned dude! Please.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Honda_Quaalude86 said:
what mods you got on that 4g?...stock there slow as fuck..ive taken a couple stockers in my 2g lude...=) along with a H22 lude? i think there 5th gens? if im correct...
what are you mods bro? im hoping to god ur not telling us that you beat 4th gens and 5th gens in ur 2nd gen like basic upgraded lude ie. i/h/e

h23, pull pretty hard for not being vtec
h22, just incredibly amazing

·
Registered
189 Posts
^ And what if he is saying he beats h22's and h23's in his 2nd gen? Wouldn't be much different from you tell us, you beat v8 stangs and modded 1.8t's in your h23?

·
Registered
671 Posts
yea um...i gotta call total b.s from experiance....I got walked by a gtp..at least 6 cars and he wasnt trying....

·
Registered
15 Posts
you know there is always the chance that the girl did not how to drive. I don't know how much that would help. I beat a 1970's monte carlo with a 350 v8 in a 5 spd 2.2 L horribly stock 91 sundance - the only reason I beat him - I knew how to drive my car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe him. Pontiacs tend to fall on their face at high speeds. I remember I thought the Lumina what was it Z34 or something was hot stuff until we raced on the freeway. I was driving a stock Honda Accord maybe 91 model and I whipped it. From street light to street light the Lumina would own.

·
Registered
568 Posts
v8 Killer said:
h23, pull pretty hard for not being vtec
h22, just incredibly amazing
That's cute.

I do have to call b.s. on the guy talking about beating 4th and 5th gens in a 2nd gen though. That would be a sight to see, but until I actually see it I will not believe it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts