Honda Prelude Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Hey you guys should try using floral foam. U know that green stuff they use for making fake plants. Idk what design you guys are trying to do but if you need to you can glue layers together to give you your basic dimensions. Then get a cutting tool to cut your basic design, then just sand down to smooth the edges of your shape. Get it all nice and smooth then cover with aluminum foil, bondo and sand and work til smooth and then paint. Boom ya got your og mold. Just saying.
naa man fuck that shit! Whats up Mark!? Sure detroit uses clay but if you are considering foam don't fuck around with green flower foam. That shit crumbles like crazy and desintigrates like it was a true green biodegradable stuff. Intead get extruded polystyrene foam. Essentialy it is used for house siding insulation. It comes in pink and baby blue and yellow. You can find it at lowes, home depot, I presume and menards. This is realy dense shit. I used it for making my subwoofer box mock up. If needed I will supply pics. Beyond that you just need a good shaper like rotozip and die grinder disc sander etc. You can pic up like a 4' x 8' foot sheet by say 1" for $15.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Cant wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
yeah i have been wayyy too busy lately to get over there and get the prototype done. i will try to get out there this coming week if it doesnt snow this weekend.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Hey Mark glad you got this going can't wait for finished mold. I haven't been online much cause I don't have internet atm but Ill make sure I look out for this thread. I really want this roof spoiler. Take care bro.

·
Registered
208 Posts
bump for some progress updates

·
Registered
791 Posts
hell yeah, wheres this at mark?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I'm sure danky hasn't given up on this. Custom stuff takes time, especially when thrown in with the other group buys he's had goin on and such. He'll come through, just be patient.

·
Registered
791 Posts
he's also trying to finish his turbo biuld and i know he is still looking for some parts. mark is a very busy man right now.

·
Registered
791 Posts
he's also wrapping up the group buy on the powersteering reroute kit. and im pretty sure hes also doing one for an h22 so we just gotta wait til this project is higher on his list.
have faith!!!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
thanks for having my back guys. no the clay idea failed. im trying to do the foam mock up but just havent had time. ill keep you all in the loop =) please see rash's cb7 crash thread and youll understand a little more.

·
Registered
791 Posts
oh shit! that was your car mark? fuuuuuuuuck

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
yeah its pretty fucked. im going to inspect the ps system to make sure it willt survive a sub frame swap. may or may not do it depending on the cost

41 - 60 of 73 Posts