Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Interested. Just keep up the good work ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
anxiously waiting ! :-o

·
Registered
697 Posts
What are you basing the design off? like one for an s13 or something?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yes similar to that. there were pictures posted in the other thread that were basing our designs off of.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any pics of the progress?

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
you guys should have used a high density foam for the mold. easy to shape and very light and rigid.

I'm glad you actually are going through with this mark. I more than likely wont get one for my car... but I may pick one up JUST BECAUSE it's finally getting done.

Bravo brotep.
:emthup: Luxlude likes this

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
you guys should have used a high density foam for the mold. easy to shape and very light and rigid.

I'm glad you actually are going through with this mark. I more than likely wont get one for my car... but I may pick one up JUST BECAUSE it's finally getting done.

Bravo brotep.
:emthup: Luxlude likes this

^^^Thank you i was just goin to say use some foam for a ruff shape. clay sucks drys,and cracks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i'm gonna end up making one before they do lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
FINALLY DANK! i've been on the edge of my seat since the first thread! count me in for one, its gonna depend on price which one i choose as this is dead season for us mechanics, but i'm VERY excited to finally happening!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey not much to update atm. We made it out of clay and it broke before we could make the mold. Then my daily broke down and I have been without a car for about a week. I'm hoping to get some progress made this coming week. Sorry for slow progress but its hard balancing all this stuff. I will keep you all posted on the progress however.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hey not much to update atm. We made it out of clay and it broke before we could make the mold. Then my daily broke down and I have been without a car for about a week. I'm hoping to get some progress made this coming week. Sorry for slow progress but its hard balancing all this stuff. I will keep you all posted on the progress however.
Hey you guys should try using floral foam. U know that green stuff they use for making fake plants. Idk what design you guys are trying to do but if you need to you can glue layers together to give you your basic dimensions. Then get a cutting tool to cut your basic design, then just sand down to smooth the edges of your shape. Get it all nice and smooth then cover with aluminum foil, bondo and sand and work til smooth and then paint. Boom ya got your og mold. Just saying.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
May try that. Clay has been a bitch

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hey you guys should try using floral foam. U know that green stuff they use for making fake plants. Idk what design you guys are trying to do but if you need to you can glue layers together to give you your basic dimensions. Then get a cutting tool to cut your basic design, then just sand down to smooth the edges of your shape. Get it all nice and smooth then cover with aluminum foil, bondo and sand and work til smooth and then paint. Boom ya got your og mold. Just saying.
Props for suggesting that...it may be the end of our ailments.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts