Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay im starting a new thread for this which i will edit at the end of the weekend once dustin and i complete the mold for this bad boy. ill have pix in here of the prototype tomorrow or sat.
we will be making it in two options
fiberglass
or carbonfiber wrapped.

as far as colors go the fiberglass can come primed or black. if you want the paint to your car matched on the spoiler thats fine but there will be an extra charge for that to be worked out by dustin. materials + labor.

total cost were looking at between 120 - 150 for fiberglass
about 185 - 210 for carbon fiber wrapped.

im looking into shipping after the weekend. ill be able to get a better idea when i see what boxes that size are going to cost plus postage and packing.

the carbon fiber wrapped ones will be fiberglass wrapped in cf. we are going to experiment with doing it in straight cf we think but were not sure.

these will not provide down force. and were going to try to use a double sided adhesive for the mounting. the reason being im sure most of you dont want to drill holes in your lude. but we have to find something we deem strong enough for the task.

any questions please ask.

i want to see how many of you are actually comitted to this buy. we are going to make it anyways but i want to know how many of you once this is completed will actually pay to get one. id really like to see at least ten. but not a big deal.

so thats that ill keep this first post updated and have the *feeler* removed from the title once the gb is started.
ill take all payments upfront for those who want to have one made. once the cash is in we will start running off the spoilers and shipping according to first come first serve.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
I always like having stuff that is rare for our cars, but I'll have to wait until I see pics before committing to this. It might look a little goofy since I shaved my trunk spoiler. Are your pics gonna be with or without that?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this was discussed in another thread where we posted pix of the styles we wanted to see it look like. you can check that thread and see some of the pix posted. there is a pic of a 3g with something VERY similar to what were making. just search roof spoiler and look. but i will post pix.

and yes luzer my lude is wingless. from the factory =D so you will see is shaved as can be.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would want one aswell in fiberglass but would like to c the final product installed first

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Lets be perfectly clear...Carbon Fiber variations will not be cheap whatsoever. the amount of carbon fiber/resin it will take to construct the spoiler will likely be approx 150 just in materials. We can make it in carbon fiber, we do have experience making carbon fiber bits so it won't be an issue, it will just cost. Carbon Fiber variations will likely be more than 210...more like 275. Mark will post final numbers when we have a better idea of actual cost vs labor.

As for making the mold, Dustin and I have been very very very busy making turbo manifolds this past week. I'll see if we can manage to construct the mold for the clay prototype this coming weekend.

·
Registered
208 Posts
so where the pictures at ? i have cash in hand

·
Registered
281 Posts
Let's see it!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
our clay prototype broke on us so we have to start over this week. just keeping you all posted on this. also please keep in mind the prices are loose guesstimates at the moment. final price is up to dustin. but ill keep the info coming as it goes along.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts