Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got to thinking about the adapter peice that comes with the greddy evo2 exhaust. this is the one thing that pissed me off about my exhaust. if anyone doesnt know what im talking about the base model comes with an extension to lengthen the exhaust system, the sh does not. when i got the exhaust in i noticed the adapter looked pretty small in diameter to the rest of the exhaust so i measured the ID diameter. it measured friggin 2''. which i think is complete bs seeing as how i payed for a 60mm exhaust. my question is how much of a bottleneck do you think this would cause even though its just a short piece?? enough to hurt performance or hp numbers? i know how detrimental a bottleneck can be to performance. when i had a stock cat/exhaust with my huge rmf collecter i lost a good 20-30 estimated ponies.

·
Registered
249 Posts
not sure about the hp loss. i would think that it would restrict your hp. why would greddy be so careless to make a 2 inch extension?:evil:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
you need to ditch that greddy and buy some 2.5" piping for the 5th gen from kteller for $185. it comes with all the hangers and other hardware... all you gotta do is buy a muffler and take it to a muffler shop. you've had enough exhaust problems already. just get rid of it.

i had an evo 2 and i hated it.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
base def. has an extension. i just got it a couple months ago so im not ready to ditch it. other than the extension piece i love the exhaust. i know converge is hating on the sound but i like it. nice and mellow sounds a lil deeper since my high flow cat. anyway i might just have it taken out and weld in a piece of 2.5'' pipe. dont know if its worth the hassle though

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
the extension doesnt make sense to me. If you were to try and put a base exhaust on an SH, you would need to extension to adapt the exhaust to the cat. I had the old greddy before and i never had an extension.

you sure you didnt get an SH exhaust?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
2.2L said:
the extension doesnt make sense to me. If you were to try and put a base exhaust on an SH, you would need to extension to adapt the exhaust to the cat. I had the old greddy before and i never had an extension.

When I got my evo II, the description of it on ebay said that it was for the type sh or base. It came with the adapter for the base.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
yea my evo 2 came with a extension and mines a base...the thing that pissed me off that my exhaust and test pipe are 2.5" and the extension is 2"
Yo Blake Ill post some pics of the extension up tonight

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
2.2L said:

i had the original greddy and i did have to use the extension piece.

i didn't realize it wasn't the same size as the rest of the exhaust. damn.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boosted521 said:
i had the original greddy and i did have to use the extension piece.

i didn't realize it wasn't the same size as the rest of the exhaust. damn.
yep its some bullsh*t. so anyone think its worth getting removed or should i just leave it ??

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
here are some pics of my Greddy evo2 extension

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
they made it more for the sh....helping us sh brotha's out..:-D
....it is b.s. for base owners.....helps greddy stock the exhaust also with one kit for both version of the lude.....

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think im gonna go ahead and get this removed and replaced with 2.5 in piping. i dont know if it is robbing any horsepower or not but im sure an approx. 1/2 in pinch in my exhaust isnt helping anything. at the very least it will give me peace of mind. im willing to bet that it frees up a few ponies with my setup.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
you could probable get a test pipe or cat the length from the end of the downpipe to the beginning of the catback...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^ yeah i already have 2.5 pipe from the DP going into 2.5 high flow cat so im just gonna continue with 2.5 removing the adapter and bolting up the the rest of the exhaust.

i think replacing that and getting a better tune might free up a couple of the ponies i was looking for when i dynoed my car. want to get all that straightened out before i start building the head.

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,421 Posts
when i got the evo 2, they never even sent me the exstation, so i just had a little shop, cut it and weld 2" of pipe on it, cost me like $50 installed, so i'm happy with it, and i love the way it sond's not ricey at all, good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts