Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed a greddy evo axle back, with tsudo mid pipes...

is it supposed to be hella loud? so loud that my ears get kind of numb... i didnt expect it to be that loud? i thought greddy was a deep low tone exhaust?

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Davizzo said:
i just installed a greddy evo axle back, with tsudo mid pipes...

is it supposed to be hella loud? so loud that my ears get kind of numb... i didnt expect it to be that loud? i thought greddy was a deep low tone exhaust?
What's all this axle back, midpipe stuff.

The Evo was a cat back exhaust. In stock form, yes, it is loud. Numbingly loud. After about 50 miles though, it's sweet and tame, but comes alive in VTEC.

If you've modified the setup, then you are on your own. :)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok.. i got a racing header, testpipe that came with that... tsudo mid pipes witht the resonator and just the greddy axle back.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Hprelude5R said:
What's all this axle back, midpipe stuff.

The Evo was a cat back exhaust. In stock form, yes, it is loud. Numbingly loud. After about 50 miles though, it's sweet and tame, but comes alive in VTEC.

If you've modified the setup, then you are on your own. :)
pretty much said it all right there. i have the greddy evo and its pretty tame but its not just the muffler its the whole setup w/ thier resonator. a test pipe is also going to make it louder

·
Registered
105 Posts
i know what u mean about loud...i just recently installed the 5zigen fireball...now that hella LOUD!...anything over 2500rpm...it starts to rumble like no tomorrow...its fine for all my city driving since i can manage to drive within city speed limits at or under 2500rpm...on the highway...i have to apply quarter throttle after i accelerate to highways speeds to keep the noise down to stock decibals.....overall i like it since i can manage to control the volume... =) that and the fact that i bought it used for 180... =P

·
Registered
222 Posts
The reason that your setup is so loud is because if you were to just use your axle-back setup, the sound would be a little louder than your stock setup. Once you replace your factory mid pipe though, you are going to get a greater volume output do to the fact that the factory mid pipe is very restrictive and helps in addition to the factory muffler to reduce your sound output. I had the same problem with your same setup, but when I reinstalled my factory midpipe and just left my axle back on the sound was very comfortable, even at full throttle. But I did notice a little bit of a difference in throttle response, but I can live with that.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well..i guess i can live with it. theres no silencer or anything right? i can feel a BIG difference..its weird. my vtech hits early and pulls stronger? i dunno i just drove it for 8 mins so far hahaha

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its acutal greddy. Greddy engravement on the side of it. I bought the axle back but people said it will sound ricey without the midpipes. So i bought tsudo and installed the midpipes of that. and also got a race header with the testpipe.

the vtec is hella loud when it kicks in. I recommend everyone to install a header...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.