Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anyone has a brand and or color im looking to paint them a bronze but not like a wrx bronze i dont want that bright shade i want the dark dingy looking bronze does anybody now what im talking about, and if so do you happem to know the brand and or color name , i thank you in advance.
aall yea do i need to primer them - i was going to, and do you think a coat of rattle can clear would do anything for them or jst waste my time

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
Rota calls it sports bronze. I don't think you will be able to find any spray paint that colour though, closest you will find is dark bronze metallic from rustoleum.

I would try checking with local powder coaters and see if they can do a colour closer to sports bronze...

·
Boxxy Is Back
1,452 Posts
here you go man

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/wheel.html

I hear the duplicolor products are really good. I painted my dads wheels on his chevelle with this stuff and it holds up nice. And their bronze looks nice and dark :D

And their FAQ should probably help answer any other questions you have
http://www.duplicolor.com/solutions/faq.html
yeah thats good stuff, i did a set in the dark metallic. just be careful with the clear from it. it will look like you jizzed all over it. leaves a bad milky residue.

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
That "milky" effect is from the paint picking up moisture out of the air on it's way to the wheel. Best not to spray on days with high humidity.

I find Duplicolor wheel spray very difficult to work with. It's fine for small things, I can't imagine trying tp spray a whole wheel with it. I think it dries too fast making it hard to get a smooth wet final coat.

·
Boxxy Is Back
1,452 Posts
That "milky" effect is from the paint picking up moisture out of the air on it's way to the wheel. Best not to spray on days with high humidity.

I find Duplicolor wheel spray very difficult to work with. It's fine for small things, I can't imagine trying tp spray a whole wheel with it. I think it dries too fast making it hard to get a smooth wet final coat.
you just have to do it like it says. a few light coats to build up a tacky layer the glob it on hard core. it doesnt run if you do it right, and yo uget the wet look you are looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts