Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after upgrading my Trunk audio set-up from 1 12" Audiobahn Flame Q. to 2 10" Audiobahns Flame Q's and 2 of the 12" Audiobahns flame Q's. Cost me $450 altogeather for the 3 new Sub's and the new amp to help push it all.

Was driving home from some errands and got pulled over, at first i thought maybe i was speeding or had a tail light go out. But i guess the is a noise level law here i didnt know about. Im only here maybe 4 months of the year 6 if im lucky. Other time im out at sea. Well ticket came out to $95 :wzbigcry: dollars and i got a warning that future instances will result in the state NJ confiscating my Sound system ( What kind of crap is this). I have to look into the law because im pretty sure since im a Florida resident registered liscensed and all that this is open threat and that they cant do anything about it.

Well :devil: Lude out. Watch out and be safe out their cops give tickets to anybody these days. Even us Homeland Security guys trying to enjoy our rides on what little time off we get.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
damn, that suck!
but i bet them audiobahns are kickin up some pulse rates!
lol, i had to 10's and i was amazed with audiobahn!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yeah, it sucks, but just make sure your car is well deadened, so the cops aren't attracked by the rattling (the biggest problem outside of the car).

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
lucky for me(sorta) as long as im above 2-3rpm my exhaust is louder than my sound system... on the outside...lol

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I've never heard of confiscation, although I wouldn't put it past them on a "habitual offender". I would expect cali to be the first one to implement such law but who knows. Ofcourse location and time should be a major factor in a ticket in my eyes.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
they can give u a ticket even for an out of state resident. that's most likely a town or maybe state ordinance. stuff like exhausts and all that that can't be controlled isn't writeable, but cranking your system up is. i always roll my eyes at the little punks who bump through town like they are cool shit though. yes, i have a sound system, and i love listening to my music.. but if you have it loud enough to get ticketed, well..

you deserved it.

keep it turned down or you'll end up deaf anyways. i'd also recommend sound deadening on the trunk and stuff.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I got two sound tickets with my 89 and I didn’t have subs at all. I had 2 6” Kenwood Excelon’s in the rear and 2 6” Polks in the front. I got ticketed at 9PM in the middle of town around no residential areas. Cop told me that if I was blasting Metallica, it would have been a different story. Cops just hate for no reason.

·
12,918 Posts
I only turn mine down when im going slower or at a stop.. or when i see a cop.

I doubt I'd get a noise violation for my setup though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts