Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
::Decepticon make-over::
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... Not Really.

For about a year and change, I have been posting in 3rd gen forums, B/C shit, had a 3rd gen! Just snagged a 94 s 5-speed... (aka accord in lude clothing) the car rides nice! came with 17's, cold air intake and new clutch, Im so friggin rusty with M/T, it's gonna take me a while.

Any Advice for a 3rd genner now rolling with two Ludes?

·
Registered
217 Posts
i say get an h22 swap, i drove an s prelude before and they have no power to even work with, my b21 had more get up and go compared to the slack ass f22 motor, just get an h22 and you'll be in good shape, pics??

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
I almost didn't get a Lude cause I test drove an S and didn't feel the power (I didn't know about the different trims at the time) so definately do a H22 swap man.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yep the f22a1 is pretty weak in NA form but if you plan on boosting then comp/leakdown test the bitch and keep it if you get good results. I'm going NA so i swapped for an H22:smilejap:

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have the same engine and i only have i/e as engine mods. i have heard that the f22 has good compression, but even if it is boosted it is still slower then a boosted h22 or h23 i heard. so why keep it i am looking to do a h22 swap cause i want to boost it and get the vtec. it just seems cheaper and easier. i still think the f22 is quick hard to do like quarters or eights since the gears are long but i think it would make a good autocross since you can stay in the lower gears longer.

·
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
(writin all this Sh!t down) Well I was gonna do a h22 swap in my third gen,(flippin sweet) and saw it was gonna be ballpark.... 5k. Not that I couldnt, but i got my Sohc for 2k, the swap is direct so no extra charges, and the best part... ITS entirely another car. just gotta go pick on 96 sivtec wrecks for the amenities now...

·
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick question, I wanna boost my f22. (been looking around accord sites)
I see boost is possible. But I also want vtec. should I go with a f22b1 headswap?(getting the oil lines, head,valve cover, cam gear and stick, solenoids and etc) then get a turbo manifold, with downpipe and t3 turbo? or is the vtec head more complicated?

·
Registered
58 Posts
yo sideswipe i am in the same boat as you i am seriously thinking about turboing my f22 also i only wanted to make 250 to 300 horsepower and 8psi of boost that is just about where i will be maybe a little short but i might be able to make it up with tuning and some other mods. i have looked into it a bit and a few places have said that they have used DSM turbo kits from the first gen eclipses. I have posted some questions on 92lude.com they had an extensive post about turbo. i want to do this cause i dont see it done very often and i am not a street racer or going to run quater miles against anyone i would care to beat. all my friends are older and have jobs so they drive evos and sti's. i will try to post what i find out and maybe we can feed each other info about it as we go along??

sideswipe i am thinking of doing the samething to my f22 but i am not going to put on vtec. i have read where, i think, it is possible to fit a DSM eclipse turbo to the f22 using the dsm turbo manifold. I am still looking into it but my goal was only about 250 to 300 horsepower this swap would put me at about 240 at 8 psi of boost so internals are not neccasary yet. maybe we can swap info while we work on this. i got most of my info from 92lude.com they have an extensive rightup on turbo.

·
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
htswmr6 said:
yo sideswipe i am in the same boat as you i am seriously thinking about turboing my f22 also i only wanted to make 250 to 300 horsepower and 8psi of boost that is just about where i will be maybe a little short but i might be able to make it up with tuning and some other mods. i have looked into it a bit and a few places have said that they have used DSM turbo kits from the first gen eclipses. I have posted some questions on 92lude.com they had an extensive post about turbo. i want to do this cause i dont see it done very often and i am not a street racer or going to run quater miles against anyone i would care to beat. all my friends are older and have jobs so they drive evos and sti's. i will try to post what i find out and maybe we can feed each other info about it as we go along??

sideswipe i am thinking of doing the samething to my f22 but i am not going to put on vtec. i have read where, i think, it is possible to fit a DSM eclipse turbo to the f22 using the dsm turbo manifold. I am still looking into it but my goal was only about 250 to 300 horsepower this swap would put me at about 240 at 8 psi of boost so internals are not neccasary yet. maybe we can swap info while we work on this. i got most of my info from 92lude.com they have an extensive rightup on turbo.
Maybe the boat next to me?

1.Here's the thing: Manifolds for accord turbos exist, Easy! I wanted an EX vtec head to give the turbo i was gonna put on a faster spool (10-15 boost max turbo) so i'd have all my power when the vtec hits... with so-so top end (I live in NYC you get pulled over doing 35 in a 30 nowadays...) And reuires no premium fuel. but, i'll just get a h22 and reinforce it with pistons,rods, sleeves and bring the car to stage 2 tuning. don't search too hard, you can always talk to the peeps here.

Btw way peeps, just put a ITR/CTR shift boot and trust knob on my car. Also greased up the shifter parts (thanks Prelude4ws13) what a friggin difference, i'll try to get pics ...

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
Dont try, DO get pics Chris.

Well, I have to say it's not bad, great condition, motor is still strong...
For some reason, the Lude with the f22a1 feels out of place, no offense Chris...my dads 90 Accord with the f22a1 feels different...eh, two cars, different personalities i suppose...:)

When you get the h22 swap or whatever nonsense head swap you are thinking, i will officially jump off the Queensboro bridge. :jehon:

anyway, best of luck it with homey. :)

Prelude(s)=motoring enjoyment.

·
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Turbo... jun perferfomance parts... h22 type s pistons... (weighing options)
how about i change my non power doors to power and set up a multi-alarm first... (seeing every vtec fiend would be all over my car in a minute the second they hear that VTAK kick in yo)

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
SIDESWIPE SI said:
Turbo... jun perferfomance parts... h22 type s pistons... (weighing options)
how about i change my non power doors to power and set up a multi-alarm first... (seeing every vtec fiend would be all over my car in a minute the second they hear that VTAK kick in yo)
You can.
They have kits controlled with an actuator(s)...find a nice kit, and i'll buy one too. :)

Sick bastard, i am still in disbelief that you bought a 4th gen?!?
I really thought you was gonna pull off an h22'd 3rd gen and conquer all of ye New York :jehon:

·
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Prelude4ws13 said:
You can.
They have kits controlled with an actuator(s)...find a nice kit, and i'll buy one too. :)

Sick bastard, i am still in disbelief that you bought a 4th gen?!?
I really thought you was gonna pull off an h22'd 3rd gen and conquer all of ye New York :jehon:
Yes... And shaved door handles would NEVER attract attention right? as far as the h22 in my sideswipe... Tony baker already has most of the tuner world on it's ear.... He is prelude god:smilejap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts